MU Cash Upgrade

Old Aug 7, 13, 10:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

MU Cash Upgrade

Just wondered for Domestic flights (eg. PEK-SHA) I heard they accept cash upgrade (onboard??) What are the general policy with this?

Also what is the service like?
Old Aug 7, 13, 10:54 am

Programs: Spire RA, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN, Ctrip Diamond VIP.
- No cash upgrade on board
- Upgrade vouchers available at airport

- Discounted first class <= full economy class when booked in advance and cheaper than upgrade at the airport options. This is my recommendation.

- PEK-SHA and v.v. first class is usually pretty full unless flying on awkward times. Book well in advance for discounted first and don't count on seats available at the airport for upgrades.

- PEK-SHA service depends on time of the day. Breakfast, lunch, dinner served with two to four hot options, other times just fruit or sweets.
Old Aug 7, 13, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by correctioncx View Post
Just wondered for Domestic flights (eg. PEK-SHA) I heard they accept cash upgrade (onboard??) What are the general policy with this?...
Years ago in China, it was possible to get upgrades at check-in by putting cash inside your passport . I don't know if this is still the case?
Old Aug 8, 13, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Years ago in China, it was possible to get upgrades at check-in by putting cash inside your passport . I don't know if this is still the case?
Depends on the airport, but I would say that the answer is "yes" more often than "no".

Search this Thread
Search Engine: