AirAsia promo policy

Old Jul 16, 13, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
AirAsia promo policy

I found that most of AirAsia promotion looks like: X to Y 1000unit of money. Y to X 2000unit of money (all inclusive tax, fees). For flights in November to March.
What is the best tactic to get a cheap return flight? Book the cheap leg now and wait?! My dates are flexible.
Thank you!
Old Jul 16, 13, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Don't assume Air Asia is the cheapest. There are many SE Asia routes where they are among the most expensive, even a few months out.
Old Jul 16, 13, 7:50 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
Don't assume Air Asia is the cheapest. There are many SE Asia routes where they are among the most expensive, even a few months out.
This is true even for flights to HK/Taiwan. With MH aggressively discounting, many times I've seen AirAsia more expensive.
Old Jul 16, 13, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
The cheapest carrier on a route is a different story. I use both of Skyscanner and Matrix to find out the best prices. I wrote this post because I found interesting that AirAsia prices are double from A to B than B to A for the same date range: I booked a promoted very cheap KUL-MEL leg (around 80 EUR) for November but the return was 200+EUR (for MEL/SYD/BNE-SIN/KUL/BKK, many dates) so I didn't booked it yet.
A few day later I found very cheap promoted BKK-REP legs about 25EUR, but the return was for about 50EUR.
It's strange and I am not sure will AirAsia promote the way back or shall I book now Scoot about 160EUR (or other option is 35k AA points +75 USD for a C SYD-SIN leg operated by Qantas).
Old Nov 11, 13, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
I always use Skyscanner.com to check for flights. You can search for an entire month at the same time. This will help you find that difficult return ticket.
Old Nov 11, 13, 11:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Skyscanner is very good for the point to point flights but I generally find Kayak better for the more complex routings.

Search this Thread