Air Mandalay

Old Jun 26, 13, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK-G | Accor G | Marriott P | SPG P| Hilton S
Air Mandalay

Hi, any one have flied with them? Any idea what is the on-time ttrack record.

I am planning to go Mandalay then down to Bagan by boat. I need to go back to Mandalay to catch the flight back to Bangkok.

The TG (Thai Smile) flight will leave Mandalay at 9:30 am. The Air Mandalay flight will arrive Mandalay at As we will fly in to Mandalay 8:25am. I believe 1h05 connecting time in Mandalay should be sufficient.

But I am worry if the flight comes late.

As far as I know there is only 2 flights between Bagan and Mandalay. The other flight by Air Bagan arrive even later at 8:35am.
Old Sep 30, 13, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, UA Mileage Plus
Hi-

Wondering if you had ended up flying with Air Mandalay and what you thought about the services? I am flying them next month from Bagan to Heho.
Old Oct 1, 13, 7:28 am

The service of most domestic airlines is similar.

In terms of delay, this is what you should know. The airline industry is “fragmented” with miltiple airlines flying the same routes. They all fly out of Yangon then to Bagan then to Mandalay then to Heho then back to Yangon. Imagine in a small airport like Bagan where 6 landings and 6 departures are scheduled within 45 minutes. Traffic starts getting backed up, and it can get worse when it rains. By the time the aircrafts get to the last leg, Heho to Yangon, they will almost always be late by around 60 minutes.

I suspect you cannot through check between Air Mandalay and TG, so you have to wait for your bags before you can check in for your BKK flight at Mandalay. That said, Mandalay airport is under-utilized and you would have no people blocking your way should you have to dash....
Old Oct 1, 13, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, UA Mileage Plus
Hi Zhaobao -
Thanks for your information. Please note that Air Mandalay actually does have a non-stop flight (at least in high season) between Bagan and Heho that does not go via Mandalay. The Flight # is: 6T 351. (NYU-HEH).
(D) NYU 08:05
(A) HEH 08:50

I do not believe they have any interline agreements with any other airline, so I believe you are correct that you cannot thru check your luggage with another carrier.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: