Can I get into an MU lounge?

Old Jun 16, 13, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, MM
Can I get into an MU lounge?

Hello, I will be traveling to PEK on DL from the USA. I am transferring to a flight to KMG. I have a SkyMiles Club card from DL. Does anyone know if I can use the MU lounge in PEK and KMG? Thanks!
Old Jun 17, 13, 5:49 am

Programs: Spire RA, SPG Platinum, FB Ultimate, LH FQTV, Ctrip Diamond VIP.
Originally Posted by jaimemayo View Post
Hello, I will be traveling to PEK on DL from the USA. I am transferring to a flight to KMG. I have a SkyMiles Club card from DL. Does anyone know if I can use the MU lounge in PEK and KMG? Thanks!
I have no idea what a DL Club card is. But as Skyteam Elite+ you have lounge access on domestic flights when connecting from international. So in your case (DL plat I presume), yes. Just tell the check-in ladies or the lounge ladies that you're connecting from international and they will know.

In Beijing, do try the rather new and hidden 2nd MU lounge (sign and stairs next to Flavor Tang Restaurant), as it is less crowded than the 'old' one. (Edit: I am not sure if the 2nd lounge is just for first class though...)

KMG doesn't have an arrival lounge.

Have a good trip.
Old Jun 17, 13, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl View Post
I have no idea what a DL Club card is. But as Skyteam Elite+ you have lounge access on domestic flights when connecting from international. So in your case (DL plat I presume), yes. Just tell the check-in ladies or the lounge ladies that you're connecting from international and they will know.

In Beijing, do try the rather new and hidden 2nd MU lounge (sign and stairs next to Flavor Tang Restaurant), as it is less crowded than the 'old' one. (Edit: I am not sure if the 2nd lounge is just for first class though...)

KMG doesn't have an arrival lounge.

Have a good trip.
Thank you for your very helpful response. Just to clarify, by "DL Club card" I meant I have a Delta SkyClub card. When I flew out of KMG last year to go to HKG I was able to get into the MU departure lounge there by showing my Diamond card. I am no longer Diamond but you are correct, I am Platinum. So I thought maybe I could get into an MU departure lounge in KMG by showing both my Platinum Medallion Card and Delta SkyClub Card.
Old Jun 18, 13, 12:36 am

Programs: Spire RA, SPG Platinum, FB Ultimate, LH FQTV, Ctrip Diamond VIP.
When flying international on MU, your Elite Plus card gets you access to any MU lounge in China; also in KMG. When on a domestic flight, usually not; unless the check-in agent isn't very good at the rules...
Old Jun 18, 13, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl View Post
When flying international on MU, your Elite Plus card gets you access to any MU lounge in China; also in KMG. When on a domestic flight, usually not; unless the check-in agent isn't very good at the rules...
I will be flying from KMG to BKK so I should be able to use the lounge there. Thank you for all of your helpful info!

Search this Thread