Economy LHR - SYD

Old Apr 29, 13, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Economy LHR - SYD

My son is looking to book an economy flight with China Southern from LHR > SYD 1 stop in CAN. Is there anything he needs to know before going ahead please? I have read some reviews and see that delays can be a problem.
Thank you
Old Apr 30, 13, 12:30 am

Delays due to ATC controls are common throughout China since the military can close civilian airspace at any time. But as long as the entire journey is under one ticket, they need to accomodate you if delays cause a missed connection. However, don't expect much from them if this happens, and he may need to show some anger to get their attention.
Old Apr 30, 13, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Delays due to ATC controls are common throughout China since the military can close civilian airspace at any time. But as long as the entire journey is under one ticket, they need to accomodate you if delays cause a missed connection. However, don't expect much from them if this happens, and he may need to show some anger to get their attention.
Thank you
Old Apr 30, 13, 1:39 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
I know someone that used them to travel MEL-LHR, and said it was the worst flight they'd ever been on. But I suppose that is why its cheap.
Old Apr 30, 13, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux View Post
I know someone that used them to travel MEL-LHR, and said it was the worst flight they'd ever been on. But I suppose that is why its cheap.
I'm guessing it won't be the best but that is all he can afford unless mam and dad chip in.
Thank you

Search this Thread
Search Engine: