CGK-INC Executive Class On Garuda

Old Apr 15, 13, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avios, Asiana Club, Enrich, Fortune Wings Club, KrisFlyer, LifeMiles

Hi guys,

Found a seriously good deal to Seoul from Jakarta on Garuda for the Oct-Nov travel period in their Executive Class. Have flown Business Class numerous times on SQ, EK and JAL but have not flown on Garuda in over 10 years and wonder if I should take the risk with them. I know they've improved tremendously in recent times but the recent Lion Air incident in Bali has once again shaken my faith in Indonesian Carriers.

The price for my travel period is really competitive for Biz Class though so am tempted to give them a go? Should I go ahead with Garuda? If so, what should I expect?

Hope some of the folks here can give me advice! Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 17, 13, 1:46 am

Garuda is miles ahead of Lion. I have had about 20 flights with over the last 7 years and seen their progress go ahead in leaps and bounds.
For the price their executive class is fine. Great food and drink.
Its not Ek standard but neither is the price.
They are my prefer carrier tom Melbourne to Bali.
Old Apr 17, 13, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Yes I do agree that the price is way below that of EK, SQ etc? Thanks for reassuring me! I've heard many sing their praises so looks like I could really go ahead and give them a go? How would you compare their overall product with other regional carriers like MH or TG though?

But I really cannot understand how is it that Garuda has improved so much and Lion is still such a crappy airline? Could it be down to the pilot training or old planes?
Old Apr 17, 13, 1:00 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
I have flown GA quite a bit about 2 years back, and would recommend them. They have changed a great deal after the new CEO/Chairman came along and turned the company around.

ICN is served by A333/A332. So you get either lie flat or fully flat. Have not flown them in J internationally, but have heard a lot of good things about them.

Safety wise, I think they're fine. Service wise, they definitely have improved alot.
Old Apr 18, 13, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Good to know they're service has improved alot because that's what I've been hearing as well. GA does seem to have a remarkably young fleet which I admit had me surprised because I never knew their fleet revitalization plan was so extensive.

But I noticed they do seem to have two different types of executive class cabins no? One with the IFE in the seatback in front & the other type which pops out from the arm-rest/tray area? Do they have both styles on both A333/332 or have they been standardized already?
Old Apr 18, 13, 6:24 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
I am not too sure, but believe that all A333 have one type of seat, and all A332 another type. So there's some consistency afterall.
Old Apr 18, 13, 12:23 pm
UMD

Originally Posted by rockysam382 View Post
Good to know they're service has improved alot because that's what I've been hearing as well. GA does seem to have a remarkably young fleet which I admit had me surprised because I never knew their fleet revitalization plan was so extensive.

But I noticed they do seem to have two different types of executive class cabins no? One with the IFE in the seatback in front & the other type which pops out from the arm-rest/tray area? Do they have both styles on both A333/332 or have they been standardized already?
GA's old 333's are regional fleet so they are all fitted with a B/E Aerospace angled lie flat business class seats. On its 332's, GA has 2 type of C seats. PK-GPH to GPL will have the SICMA flat bed seats with a pull out screen and PK-GPM to GPP (as well as upcoming PK-GPQ to be delivered the end of this month) will have the B/E Aerospace seats similar to the one installed on its 333's but it is the flat bed (180 degree) version instead of the lie flat version.
Old Apr 18, 13, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

I see. So it's pretty safe to assume the entire A332 fleet is flat-bed, not lie-flat? Also is there any way to know in advance the registration code of the A332 that'd be I'd be taking on the CGK-INC route and back?

But in your opinion which seat models/types are better? The B/E Aerospace flat bed or the SICMA flat bed?
Old Apr 22, 13, 6:42 am

Programs: VA,GA, SQ, IHG, HH, Europcar

Flown J on GA for years it's better than EK J. The seats on the 332 are awesome. 333 is good

Search this Thread