MU en.ceair.com no good after 2013-06-27?

Old Apr 10, 13, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime GE), National Emerald Executive
MU en.ceair.com no good after 2013-06-27?

For a long time now en.ceair.com (the english booking site for China Eastern) always gives this error:

The international flights sale after 2013-06-27 has been closed for the reason of cabin adjustment.Please log on 2013.ceair.com for further reservation.
However, 2013.ceair.com is only in Chinese, and going to english goes back to en.ceair.com....which doesn't work and directs one to 2013.ceair.com again (it's a loop).

Is it that there is no no more easy and clear way to check for MU award availability (which used to be en.ceair.com and then look if flight is available "with points")? As it doesn't show online anywhere (like AF/US, as most others do), so now there is no more any practical way to check for MU award availability online in real time? 2013.ceair.com, when I use a translator on it, doesn't seem to even show the award availability anymore now at all, not even in Chinese... ?
Old Apr 23, 13, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
I'm going to bump this in case someone who reads Chinese can provide further insight on if there's somewhere that the award inventory is still available but harder to see.
Old May 11, 13, 1:18 pm

I am also struggling with this.

I originally found the flight I wanted on another website for only $900, but it gives me an error and when I called them they said the flight did not exist anymore.

en.ceair.com gives the error the OP says and there is no phone support.

hk.ceair.com finds the flight for $1200 but requires 'travel documents' (which I believe is related to citizenship in hongkong, because the flight I am attempting to take would not require visa documentation, passport only) to check out, and customer support is an international number that I am unable to call.

2013.ceair.com is a chinese website that can be used if translated with google translate, but tickets cost over $2500 for my flight. 2013.ceair.com has a support phone number but they speak poor english and were unable to lower the price.
Old May 11, 13, 1:46 pm
Ambassador, China

Programs: various
Originally Posted by lshawmcminn View Post
I am also struggling with this.

I originally found the flight I wanted on another website for only $900, but it gives me an error and when I called them they said the flight did not exist anymore.

en.ceair.com gives the error the OP says and there is no phone support.

hk.ceair.com finds the flight for $1200 but requires 'travel documents' (which I believe is related to citizenship in hongkong, because the flight I am attempting to take would not require visa documentation, passport only) to check out, and customer support is an international number that I am unable to call.

2013.ceair.com is a chinese website that can be used if translated with google translate, but tickets cost over $2500 for my flight. 2013.ceair.com has a support phone number but they speak poor english and were unable to lower the price.
Exactly what route are you trying to fly and when? Avoiding the *.ceair.com sites in favor of an alternative might be the best strategy?
Old May 12, 13, 5:24 pm

Yes I may end up using a different airline, which will be a shame because I found perfect flight with CEA... But as options disappear it looks like it will not happen.

Flights MU586/MU523 on aug 15 from LAX to NRT and MU524/MU583 nov 7 from NRT to LAX were perfect for me. They both had overnight layovers in shang hai, giving me the opportunity to see china without paying the extra $500~ for individual ticket from LAX to shanghai then shanghai to japan. To complicate things more, I have two friends also flying into asia, but with different final destinations, so I was attempting to accommodate a friends flight to OKA while allowing him to take MU586 and MU583 with me between LAX and shanghai and have some time to visit shang hai with me.

I got skype to call international numbers so my last effort will be to contact the international lines for CEA and see if they can help.
Old May 12, 13, 11:47 pm
Ambassador, China

Well try Skype since it's so cost-effective. Maybe you'll get lucky with MU. Otherwise, try different 3rd party booking sites or try a travel agent. If you live in LA, what about trying China Eastern at LAX?

I don't know why you think an overnight layover in Shanghai is going to be something that allows you to see anything meaningful. You're not going to be "seeing China." However, if you have a passport from one of the 45 countries (USA is one) eligible for free transit without visa at Shanghai, you can structure the onward connection so that you have more time--up to 72 hours in each connection direction without needing a visa for LAX-PVG-NRT and the reverse. Without taking advantage of extended time allowance for transiting, it seems just an exercise in potential frustration to book a connection through Shanghai. It's not like China Eastern in economy class is one of the great TPAC experiences of our times. Perhaps you should reconsider and just fly directly to Tokyo and wait on China until you have more time to devote to it.

Last edited by jiejie; May 12, 13 at 11:58 pm
Old May 13, 13, 9:40 pm

Programs: Spire RA, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN, Ctrip Diamond VIP.
www.flychinaeastern.com ?? And use "We Make Your Booking Faster".
Old May 14, 13, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by jiejie View Post
Well try Skype since it's so cost-effective. Maybe you'll get lucky with MU. Otherwise, try different 3rd party booking sites or try a travel agent. If you live in LA, what about trying China Eastern at LAX?

I don't know why you think an overnight layover in Shanghai is going to be something that allows you to see anything meaningful. ...
You'd be surprised what a couple of guys can get up to with 13 hours in shang hai I did try a travel agent, but I have not tried getting hold of china eastern at LAX I will try that. I called HK.CEAIR.COM with Skype and they were helpful. They said you don't have to put the visa # into the site if you don't have it just to use your passport # instead. Sadly I could not book tonight because I don't have my passport expiration date on me (or my passport on me).

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl View Post
www.flychinaeastern.com ?? And use "We Make Your Booking Faster".
That directs you to the hong kong site, which is what I am trying to use now!
Old May 14, 13, 7:00 pm

Programs: Spire RA, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN, Ctrip Diamond VIP.
[...]

That directs you to the hong kong site, which is what I am trying to use now!
Interesting, directs me to easternmiles.ceair.com ... (where I regularly book - pretty much without issues)
Old May 14, 13, 10:39 pm
Ambassador, China

You'd be surprised what a couple of guys can get up to with 13 hours in shang hai
No I wouldn't be surprised. Like I said though..."meaningful."
Old May 15, 13, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by jiejie View Post
No I wouldn't be surprised. Like I said though..."meaningful."
What would you even consider meaningful to see in Shanghai?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: