Air Tahiti Nui (TN) flight durations

Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:42 am
dll
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Air Tahiti Nui (TN) flight durations

In the process of researching my Christmas vacation this year I have pulled flight schedules for the Air Tahiti Nui flights between LAX and PPT. I have been able to secure my preferred flights, but I noticed something really interesting - the flight durations are very inconsistent. For example, on 28-Dec there is a flight leaving PPT at 11:30PM and arriving LAX at 10:40AM the following day with a travel time of 9h10mn. There is then a flight leaving 29 minutes later at 11:59PM and arriving in LAX 10:15AM (that's prior to the earlier flight) with a travel time of 8h16mn. I've booked the later flight as it arrives earlier.

Both are operated by TN and both are on A340 aircraft. What gives? I've noticed that on a number of their schedules (two flights per day, one taking an hour or more longer than the other). One is a magic carpet?

Last edited by dll; Mar 29, 2013 at 10:50 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.