Philipines and the EU ban

Old Mar 17, 13, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Philipines and the EU ban

Booked Air Asia Philippines from Clark - HKG and have since discovered the airline is on the EU ban list.

Then it seems so is every other airline, not wanting to put my kids on a dodgy airline I wonder, are Cebu, SEAir, Zest et all unsafe due to not adhering to EU safety regs or because as a whole the Filipino regulatory body is deemed insufficient and so their own safety procedures are deemed to fall below those of the EU/FAA?
I mean really, has the EU/FAA visited every Filipino airline, inspected them and deemed them unsafe?
Old Mar 21, 13, 3:25 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY
It's the latter, not the former. In fact, the regulatory framework has been overhauled since the creation of the CAAP in 2008, but outstanding issues were only finally resolved this year, when the Philippines finally had its ICAO SSCs (the basis for the EU ban) lifted. The ball is now in the EU's court as to whether or not it will remove the Philippines from the blacklist.
Old Mar 22, 13, 2:03 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Etihad Gold Elite, FB Platinum, CX Marco Polo Gold, Platinum Ambassador, Carlson Gold
Flew with them Clark to Kalibo ... the aircraft and crew are ok. Air Asia Phil is a join venture with the rest of the Air Asia group in Asia so their safety is good, but however they are a Big Shark on collecting on Fees ... so just be carefull with Hand carry and check in luggage .

Search this Thread
Search Engine: