FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   cebu pacific air (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1448836-cebu-pacific-air.html)

bridgeair Mar 17, 2013 6:42 am

cebu pacific air

Anyone heard of cebu pacific air? They seem to be a new LCA.

Does anyone know a good way of searching for Cebu Pacific Air flights as their website seems inconvenient to use.

j5rider Mar 17, 2013 7:27 am

They have been around for at least 10th yrs. Their model seems to be more of a southwest airlines operation. No problems that I know of, but I believe you can only book on their website or at their ticketing office.

goku001 Mar 17, 2013 8:43 am

cebu pacific air

Never had a problem with the website. In fact find it fairly easy to use.

Service is actually pretty decent. A lot of routes have new planes. It's all fairly short haul, so not really an issue if we don't get a meal etc.

Ocn Vw 1K Mar 17, 2013 9:36 am

For more discussion, please follow the thread to the Other Asian airline forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

Earthlings Mar 17, 2013 9:45 am

Isn't it Cebu that has the Flight attendents doing a dance for the safety video?

Dandel Mar 17, 2013 9:59 am

Flew 4 segments with them in December/January. Two of which domestic and two international (SIN - MNL & MNL - HKG). All the flights were somewhat delayed (between 0,5 and 2 hours), but otherwise standard low-cost airline experience. Pay for assigned seat, check luggage, food etc.

Planes seemed quite new and in good shape. On board nothing special with the exception of the little game they always play in flight where a stewardess gets on the PA and asks for you to hold up an item (red pen, passport, boarding pass, etc.). First person to do so wins some Cebu Pacific swag.

Black Adder Mar 17, 2013 7:12 pm

I've flown Cebu Pacific quite a few times while traveling in the Philippines, never had a problem.

rurouni212 Mar 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Cebu Pacific has been around for a while. They are somewhere between a low cost carrier and an ultra low cost carrier. They charge for checked bags, advanced seat assignments and food. Planes are all economy class. Nothing spectacular but they'll get you from point A to point B.

brp1264 Apr 7, 2013 6:22 pm

Expect delays with them, broken planes, and being shuttled around with nobody really knowing what's going on.

I flew them in January and was cracking up on the plane due to a screw up onboard. Like most airlines now, they charge extra for exit row seating that has more legroom. An older and larger German couple next to me had paid extra for this, and there was a last minute plane swap that meant row 14 was no longer an exit row, but row 12 was. So, the people sitting a few rows up had extra legroom and we were in standard economy. They made a stink about it to the FA, and the FA went to go to the GA to see what could be done. While they were waiting for the FA to come back, there was an PA advertisement announcement for paying a little extra for exit row seats!! I laughed and found the humor in it, but the German couple didn't. Eventually they got two people in row 12 to switch - I stayed in row 14 as I didn't pay extra and didn't care for such a short flight.

SLC 4217 May 13, 2013 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Earthlings (Post 20434918)
Isn't it Cebu that has the Flight attendents doing a dance for the safety video?

Yes, that is them.

They also have quizzes on the flights where you can win Cebu Pacific items.

Earthlings May 13, 2013 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by SLC 4217 (Post 20744923)
Yes, that is them.

They also have quizzes on the flights where you can win Cebu Pacific items.

Sounds like a fun flight!

belfordrocks May 14, 2013 3:37 am

They are also breaking the record for most number of seats in an A330 with... 436! :eek:

mayodave May 14, 2013 5:05 am

Just pray nothing goes wrong as these guys have a reputation second to none at burying their heads when anything arises.

goku001 May 14, 2013 9:53 am

cebu pacific air

Don't worry guys. It's not bad at all. Better than some of the 'full service' carrier options available there.

angeloedades May 14, 2013 3:37 pm

I booked them for my MNL - ZAM trip this coming new year... they seem to be the cheapest in terms of 45KG allowance so I booked them!

I used to live in ZAM and was frequently shuttling to MNL / CEB with 5J in the 90's/2000's but they have gone low cost so hopefully it won;t be that bad!

/AE

ex-koelner May 18, 2013 1:51 pm

I just did a booking for a HKG-CEB flight which will be on an A320 and I wonder about their seat reservation fees. They offer 'premier seating' in row 14, which is the exit row, but the row in front (row 12, there is no 13) is offered as standard seats. The seat map indicates a larger pitch in row 12, not as large as in 14, but more than in other rows, which makes sense since an A320 has two exit rows. But usually the pitch is the same in the exit rows.
So has Cebu Pacific a different lay-out with one exit row wider than the other? Or did the sales department not realise that they could charge more for this row as well?

work2fly May 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by ex-koelner (Post 20772495)
I just did a booking for a HKG-CEB flight which will be on an A320 and I wonder about their seat reservation fees. They offer 'premier seating' in row 14, which is the exit row, but the row in front (row 12, there is no 13) is offered as standard seats. The seat map indicates a larger pitch in row 12, not as large as in 14, but more than in other rows, which makes sense since an A320 has two exit rows. But usually the pitch is the same in the exit rows.
So has Cebu Pacific a different lay-out with one exit row wider than the other? Or did the sales department not realise that they could charge more for this row as well?

I would expect the seats in row 12 not to recline, given that they are immediately in front of an exit row.

Seat map here:

http://www.seatmaestro.com/airplanes...rbus-a320.html

davistev May 25, 2013 3:17 am

i have clocked 84 flights with 5J without ever having a major incident. The secret is to never book the last flight of the afternoon within the philippines and always pay for excess luggage in advance. As far as aircraft switch from the A320 to the A319 thereby changing exit row seating - you could always book seat 1D as that has the same legroom as an exit row.

When 5J started flying in the 1990s they did have a major acident in Mindanao when one of their Dc-9s slammed into a mountain but no accidents ever since. The fleet is brand new.

colislaw Jun 3, 2013 10:12 am

Does anyone know how to increase the paid for baggage allowance on there site as I cant find how :(

Thanks Colin

yannix Jun 3, 2013 10:51 am

Originally Posted by colislaw (Post 20857763)
Does anyone know how to increase the paid for baggage allowance on there site as I cant find how :(

Thanks Colin

Main page left hand side. There should be a 'baggage upgrade' link. If it's not present, you can use 'manage booking'. Both gets you the same page.

colislaw Jun 3, 2013 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by yannix (Post 20857991)
Main page left hand side. There should be a 'baggage upgrade' link. If it's not present, you can use 'manage booking'. Both gets you the same page.

I think that is ok to add luggage but it aint working if you wish to increase the amount to be carried :confused:

goku001 Jun 3, 2013 6:55 pm

cebu pacific air

You mean increase amount carried for check-in luggage? I am sure you would be able to do it from manage booking?

colislaw Jun 4, 2013 2:56 am

Cebu Pacific

[QUOTE=goku001;20860931]You mean increase amount carried for check-in luggage? I am sure you would be able to do it from manage booking?[/

Yes that is it, but all it offers is insure yourself,insure your baggage, add donation WWf,
or add an infant , as for sending them an e mail:td: waste of time.

Just checked a different flight where I had not purchased any baggage allowance on, I could purchase an allowance on this booking , but the one where i just wanted to increase my baggage allowance on I could not. sorry for all the posts just did not think to verify via my other booking.

Colin

yannix Jun 4, 2013 8:27 am

just did it for one my trips now.

It will be under "purchase add-ons" under "manage booking". It'll show you a drag-down with your current purchased baggage weight (e.g. 15kgs). Click on that and change it to one of the higher weight options you want and go thru it similar to booking a ticket. At the end it will ask for payment for the difference.

Just be careful it will automatically add all the extra stuff (travel insurance, seat fee). You will have to uncheck those if you don't want them.

Failing that, try their call center. They should be able to do it.

colislaw Jun 10, 2013 11:30 am

One more question sorry, have the Cebu pacific airways policy of 1 bag, in regards to a laptop does this include or exclude a laptop bag as I was allowed on before with one>

Colin

yannix Jun 10, 2013 1:45 pm

Technically, the laptop bag should be excluded. However, you might run into issues depending on the size/weight of the bag.

GalaxyChris Jun 17, 2013 7:11 pm

I flew 4 times (HKG-MNL & Domestic), with hand luggage + one backpack Tumi, no problem.

They weigh the hand luggage, but not the backpack.

colislaw Jun 21, 2013 4:18 am

New Info

Originally Posted by colislaw (Post 20897260)
One more question sorry, have the Cebu pacific airways policy of 1 bag, in regards to a laptop does this include or exclude a laptop bag as I was allowed on before with one>

Colin

I will not be allowed to increase my baggage allowance, as the flight is an ATR plane it can be increased from 20kg at check in at a cost of 120 peso per kilo. This is the information gleamed from the flight centre >:)

amcam Jun 29, 2013 9:39 pm

I had a pretty crummy experience with Cebu Pacific back in 2010. I was flying with them from MNL to ICN, with connections onward (on a separately booked ticket) from ICN to the U.S. It was a foggy night in the Seoul area, and we wound up having to land in Busan and then get driven via bus across the entire country. The buzz on the plane at the time was that the airline had refused to spring for whatever system helps pilots land in fog, and our particular pilot was too green to do it without the help. What was supposed to be a relaxed overnight layover in ICN wound up being one of the most stressful evenings in the entirety of my travel experience.