cebu pacific air

Old May 18, 13, 2:51 pm

Programs: LH FTL
I just did a booking for a HKG-CEB flight which will be on an A320 and I wonder about their seat reservation fees. They offer 'premier seating' in row 14, which is the exit row, but the row in front (row 12, there is no 13) is offered as standard seats. The seat map indicates a larger pitch in row 12, not as large as in 14, but more than in other rows, which makes sense since an A320 has two exit rows. But usually the pitch is the same in the exit rows.
So has Cebu Pacific a different lay-out with one exit row wider than the other? Or did the sales department not realise that they could charge more for this row as well?
Old May 21, 13, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by ex-koelner View Post
I just did a booking for a HKG-CEB flight which will be on an A320 and I wonder about their seat reservation fees. They offer 'premier seating' in row 14, which is the exit row, but the row in front (row 12, there is no 13) is offered as standard seats. The seat map indicates a larger pitch in row 12, not as large as in 14, but more than in other rows, which makes sense since an A320 has two exit rows. But usually the pitch is the same in the exit rows.
So has Cebu Pacific a different lay-out with one exit row wider than the other? Or did the sales department not realise that they could charge more for this row as well?
I would expect the seats in row 12 not to recline, given that they are immediately in front of an exit row.

Seat map here:

http://www.seatmaestro.com/airplanes...rbus-a320.html
Old May 25, 13, 4:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Choice Diamond, Alaska 75K
i have clocked 84 flights with 5J without ever having a major incident. The secret is to never book the last flight of the afternoon within the philippines and always pay for excess luggage in advance. As far as aircraft switch from the A320 to the A319 thereby changing exit row seating - you could always book seat 1D as that has the same legroom as an exit row.

When 5J started flying in the 1990s they did have a major acident in Mindanao when one of their Dc-9s slammed into a mountain but no accidents ever since. The fleet is brand new.
Old Jun 3, 13, 11:12 am

Does anyone know how to increase the paid for baggage allowance on there site as I cant find how

Thanks Colin
Old Jun 3, 13, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by colislaw View Post
Does anyone know how to increase the paid for baggage allowance on there site as I cant find how

Thanks Colin
Main page left hand side. There should be a 'baggage upgrade' link. If it's not present, you can use 'manage booking'. Both gets you the same page.
Old Jun 3, 13, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by yannix View Post
Main page left hand side. There should be a 'baggage upgrade' link. If it's not present, you can use 'manage booking'. Both gets you the same page.
I think that is ok to add luggage but it aint working if you wish to increase the amount to be carried
Old Jun 3, 13, 7:55 pm

Programs: United, Cathay, Delta, Priority Pass (gold), SPG
cebu pacific air

You mean increase amount carried for check-in luggage? I am sure you would be able to do it from manage booking?
Old Jun 4, 13, 3:56 am

Cebu Pacific

[QUOTE=goku001;20860931]You mean increase amount carried for check-in luggage? I am sure you would be able to do it from manage booking?[/

Yes that is it, but all it offers is insure yourself,insure your baggage, add donation WWf,
or add an infant , as for sending them an e mail waste of time.

Just checked a different flight where I had not purchased any baggage allowance on, I could purchase an allowance on this booking , but the one where i just wanted to increase my baggage allowance on I could not. sorry for all the posts just did not think to verify via my other booking.

Colin

Last edited by colislaw; Jun 4, 13 at 7:03 am Reason: Forgot title
Old Jun 4, 13, 9:27 am

just did it for one my trips now.

It will be under "purchase add-ons" under "manage booking". It'll show you a drag-down with your current purchased baggage weight (e.g. 15kgs). Click on that and change it to one of the higher weight options you want and go thru it similar to booking a ticket. At the end it will ask for payment for the difference.

Just be careful it will automatically add all the extra stuff (travel insurance, seat fee). You will have to uncheck those if you don't want them.

Failing that, try their call center. They should be able to do it.
Old Jun 10, 13, 12:30 pm

One more question sorry, have the Cebu pacific airways policy of 1 bag, in regards to a laptop does this include or exclude a laptop bag as I was allowed on before with one>

Colin
Old Jun 10, 13, 2:45 pm

Technically, the laptop bag should be excluded. However, you might run into issues depending on the size/weight of the bag.
Old Jun 17, 13, 8:11 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Tit
I flew 4 times (HKG-MNL & Domestic), with hand luggage + one backpack Tumi, no problem.

They weigh the hand luggage, but not the backpack.
Old Jun 21, 13, 5:18 am

New Info

Originally Posted by colislaw View Post
One more question sorry, have the Cebu pacific airways policy of 1 bag, in regards to a laptop does this include or exclude a laptop bag as I was allowed on before with one>

Colin
I will not be allowed to increase my baggage allowance, as the flight is an ATR plane it can be increased from 20kg at check in at a cost of 120 peso per kilo. This is the information gleamed from the flight centre >
Old Jun 29, 13, 10:39 pm

I had a pretty crummy experience with Cebu Pacific back in 2010. I was flying with them from MNL to ICN, with connections onward (on a separately booked ticket) from ICN to the U.S. It was a foggy night in the Seoul area, and we wound up having to land in Busan and then get driven via bus across the entire country. The buzz on the plane at the time was that the airline had refused to spring for whatever system helps pilots land in fog, and our particular pilot was too green to do it without the help. What was supposed to be a relaxed overnight layover in ICN wound up being one of the most stressful evenings in the entirety of my travel experience.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: