Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air China Star Alliance Award - when do seats get released?

Old Feb 24, 13, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold

Hello!

I am trying to use Avianca miles to book an Air China award ticket from LAX to PEK in business class for end of March. I don't see any availability of biz class seats for CA. When do they typically release award seats to partners?
Old Mar 4, 13, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Air China from PEK-FRA (Award Travel using USAir miles)

Good question, my mom and nephew have been allocated seats in the J cabin but my dad is stuck in Y. I need to know how soon they will release another seat from PEK to FRA? They are flying March 31 from PEK on the 2am departure.
Old Mar 5, 13, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by kaushik123 View Post
Hello!

I am trying to use Avianca miles to book an Air China award ticket from LAX to PEK in business class for end of March. I don't see any availability of biz class seats for CA. When do they typically release award seats to partners?
LAX-PEK is a very popular route, especially CA 77W business class when comparing to UA's aircraft. Your chance is getting to zero, might try another option.
Old Mar 6, 13, 6:25 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Booked First LAX-PEK & First PEK-FRA end of May via US Airways miles.
Old Mar 7, 13, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA and CX. (Disgruntled UA Lifetime Plat) - No hotel loyalty anymore
LAX-PEK is problematic, SFO-PEK is easier to get J or F seats - it's a 747-400 so the product is different than the 777's out of LAX but for 10K miles diff each way F on the 747-400 is actually a better experience than the 777's in Biz.

I'm on SFO-PEK a week from now in F flying LAX-SFO to get on the flight. Will try to do a trip report.

Before anyone asks I do fly Air China Long Haul to/from PEK from US and elsewhere in Asia every now and then, sure it's not SQ or NH but in F or J it's more consistant than UA where I've had VASTLY different experiences with great pm-UA crews and pm-CO crews and TERRIBLE experiences with both crews.

Try SFO-PEK even if you have to pay for a cheap Southwest ticket to go from LAX-SFO ; just plan to be in SFO 4 hours or more before the connecting SFO-PEK flight in case of weather into SFO.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: