time needed for connecting another airline?

Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

time needed for connecting another airline?

I am flying into Taipei, Taiwan from SFO on Eva air and arriving at Taipei airport at 5:50am. I am flying from Taipei to Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific at 7:10am. I am having my bag checked in at SFO airport with final pickup at Hong Kong instead of Taipei. Eva airline said that they can do this as long as I give them my Cathay Pacific flight information. They however said that the minium transfer time is 90 minutes and my connecting flight is 80 minutes.

So my question to all the season travelers is that should I take the chance or take a later flight that is 3 hours later? Also if the bag does not make my Cathay flight, will they just put in on the next flight? Thanks for any help.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:03 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
TPE is a fairly easy airport to transit, and the morning EVA flights from the US west cost usually arrive on time. If you are near either boarding door you can make it to any C/D gate in 10-15 minutes easily (add another 10 for A/B gates, but I doubt CX would fly out of those).

I would expect to make this connection 95% or so.

Your bag will be shipped later if need be, but I would not be overly worried.

P.S., if you are in the back on the TPAC flight and the flight is a few minutes late you can ask them to move you up to an emty seat (if any exist) as you near the island. This has saved my butt twice.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exwannabe
TPE is a fairly easy airport to transit, and the morning EVA flights from the US west cost usually arrive on time. If you are near either boarding door you can make it to any C/D gate in 10-15 minutes easily (add another 10 for A/B gates, but I doubt CX would fly out of those).

I would expect to make this connection 95% or so.

Your bag will be shipped later if need be, but I would not be overly worried.

P.S., if you are in the back on the TPAC flight and the flight is a few minutes late you can ask them to move you up to an emty seat (if any exist) as you near the island. This has saved my butt twice.
Thanks but it turned out that Eva will not transfer the bag onto the CX earlier flight since it is not within the 90 minute transfer time frame so I am just going to book the later flight and wait a little longer at the airport. Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.