Wiki Posts
Search

Philippine Airlines - Airbus 343

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Question Philippine Airlines - Airbus 343

Hello All,

I was considering taking a Philippine Airlines flight (100 & 101) in a couple months from Honolulu to Manila flying on an Airbus A343 non-stop in Business Class.

Does anyone know if their Business Class cabin offers power ports, either DC or USB? I have heard they do not, but I cannot begin to imagine a long 11-hour flight without them.

If anyone can comment on the Business Class experience in general (seat comfort, reclining ability, meals, etc.) I'd appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
Apparently not.

Seat Guru is your friend.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Yea I looked up those flights on Seatguru - I was just hoping there may have been updates made on the planes since.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 3:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: United, Hilton
Hi,

I am not sure about power ports as I never had the need to use them, but as far as seats go they are the old style recliners. The plane was used on the Las Vegas - Vancouver - Manila service I took a few times. I find the business class seats fine overall, but just realize they are old style recliners. Service was great as always and the food was fine.

Sorry I can't help with the power ports.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:31 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
When it is discussed, Philippine Airlines threads are found typically in the Other Asian...Airlines forum and I'll move this thread there. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz
Old Feb 6, 2013, 3:43 am

airbus 343

Old style, have not improved through the years... no power ports either even if you request one they will not be able to accommodate such request...
Old May 17, 2013, 4:32 am

Philippine Airlines ships primates to laboratories!

Philippine Airlines continues to ship monkeys to laboratories for use in experimentation, even though almost every other major airline has already stopped this cruel practice. Monkeys on Philippine Airlines flights are stuffed into wooden crates and transported on long journeys in the dark, terrifying cargo holds of airplanes to laboratories, where they are locked inside barren cages, poisoned, cut open, and killed in barbaric experiments. Many of the monkeys who meet this horrible fate are torn away from their families in the wild.

As if they don't have bad service already...
Old May 20, 2013, 12:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: United, Hilton
Originally Posted by wolftarts
Philippine Airlines continues to ship monkeys to laboratories for use in experimentation, even though almost every other major airline has already stopped this cruel practice. Monkeys on Philippine Airlines flights are stuffed into wooden crates and transported on long journeys in the dark, terrifying cargo holds of airplanes to laboratories, where they are locked inside barren cages, poisoned, cut open, and killed in barbaric experiments. Many of the monkeys who meet this horrible fate are torn away from their families in the wild.

Do the monkeys travel in Business class? Do they need power ports? If not, then your "contribution" is useless and out of place. Start a new thread in OMNI since this has nothing to do with travel. Thanks.
Old May 21, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by wolftarts

And you have proof that this exists?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 9:43 pm

Can anyone chime in on legroom for row 1 (or row 11/15 -- any difference) seats D/G on the 343 vers. 1? Prefer center section bulkheads so any input appreciated.

First time flying PAL, thanks!

P.S.

12 July 2013: Philippine Airlines issued a statement on its Facebook page stating that the airline will no longer transport “any and all types of primates destined for cruel research and experimentation.”

Last edited by tdowl5757; Jul 18, 2013 at 9:50 pm
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:16 am

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Originally Posted by tdowl5757
Can anyone chime in on legroom for row 1 (or row 11/15 -- any difference) seats D/G on the 343 vers. 1? Prefer center section bulkheads so any input appreciated.

First time flying PAL, thanks!

P.S.

12 July 2013: Philippine Airlines issued a statement on its Facebook page stating that the airline will no longer transport “any and all types of primates destined for cruel research and experimentation.”

The first 2 rows in the 343 used to be the first class cabin. Practically the same seats, with a lot more space and recline, and feels more private. Usually reserved for those with status - but you can try sweet-talking the check-in staff!
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:15 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
I think you misread the statement. They said that they already don't transport primates, not that they won't.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 2:53 am

PR 343 Power Ports

Just got off of PR502 SIN-MNL - on a 343.
Yes power ports at each seat in biz class.
But being from Dubai, I have British style plugs, and they did not have an adapter when asked. but they sell them on Duty Free.

Nice food, lots of room and decent seat. Did not try the layflat option.

It is not EK - but it is not priced like EK either!

Good value.

KC
Old Jul 20, 2013, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by bluegreentravel
The first 2 rows in the 343 used to be the first class cabin. Practically the same seats, with a lot more space and recline, and feels more private. Usually reserved for those with status - but you can try sweet-talking the check-in staff!
Thanks, what about exit row 15 A/C, how's the legroom?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Thanks, what about exit row 15 A/C, how's the legroom?
Pretty good; actually I find almost all the seats to be spacious (significantly more so than an J in A320s). However, I find row 15's proximity to the galley a bit bothersome, but YMMV.

(I haven't had an excellent J meal in PR, just generally ranging from sad to good; don't get me started on their supermarket-quality wines...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.