Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

What is MH 'Dynamic Redemption Programme' for first and business class'

Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Saw this Malaysia Airlines 'Dynamic Redemption Programme' for first and business class through the latest edition of World of Riches. Does anyone know exactly what this is???
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:07 am

It sounds like the miles require to redeem a ticket may change due to availability... such as when the MHBasic ticket is redeemed then ones need to pay MHSmart to get the same ticket...???
Old Aug 9, 2012, 5:19 pm

It basically opens up the whole cabin to you - not unlike SQ Krisflyer's Saver/Standard/Full awards, and also not unlike the concept they had in Y with Basic/Smart etc.

Business and First "savers" (i'm not sure MH uses that term though) book into U and P respectively, but when those run out they go up in levels utilising inventory from revenue buckets.

I called MH about this: In first, when P runs out, it then goes to A, which is double what P charges, then F. F on KUL-LHR is 400,000 miles pre online discount as an example.

I forgot to check in Business but I'm guessing in ascending order of price they'd be (after U) I, D, J then C

The good news is that you should be able to get seats anytime if you're enrich "rich" - the bad news is that I've seen P disappear systemwide. At least U seems reasonable from an availability standpoint though.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the brilliant explaination TGFlyergirl...yes this is great news for me. Nice to be able to book into A or F bucket without actually paying $$$ full fare for it! I realise that atm it probably costs 3 times as much to book in first class compared to U class, but I feel that in time, P inventory will become more available. This is definitely a welcome change for me as I always have to get at least 4 seats for the family.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
It basically opens up the whole cabin to you - not unlike SQ Krisflyer's Saver/Standard/Full awards, and also not unlike the concept they had in Y with Basic/Smart etc.

Business and First "savers" (i'm not sure MH uses that term though) book into U and P respectively, but when those run out they go up in levels utilising inventory from revenue buckets.

I called MH about this: In first, when P runs out, it then goes to A, which is double what P charges, then F. F on KUL-LHR is 400,000 miles pre online discount as an example.

I forgot to check in Business but I'm guessing in ascending order of price they'd be (after U) I, D, J then C

The good news is that you should be able to get seats anytime if you're enrich "rich" - the bad news is that I've seen P disappear systemwide. At least U seems reasonable from an availability standpoint though.
Thanks for clearing that up! I wasn't quite sure what it meant either. I like the fact that it means you can redeem a ticket anytime if there's availability.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.