Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VN credit card at check in?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
Old thread, but I have the same question currently. Recently purchases a string of SE Asian flights (various locations in Cambodia and Vietnam) directly through the VN website.

The credit card I used was lost and a new number is being issued. VN's website FAQs says the card must be produced at check in or verified with with a branch before flying.

Is this really true. I will call the office in San Francisco, but wanted to see if others had good information on this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Info from VN's website below:

HOW DO I VERIFY MY VISA/MASTERCARD/JCB USED TO PURCHASE AIR TICKETS ON VIETNAM AIRLINES WEBSITE?

At the airport, the card holder must submit the Payment card, Passport, eTickets for verification upon check-in when it is required by Vietnam Airlines.

In case the card holder can not verify the payment card at the airport, the card holder must submit the payment card, Pasport, eTickets to verify at Vietnam Airlines branch offices before travel.

For ticket changes, the card holder is required to submit the Payment card, Passport, eTickets for verification at Vietnam Airlines branch offices.

In case the card holder can not submit payment card for verification, Vietnam Airlines reserve right not to provide service or require passengers to purchase new tickets.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by RockyMntFlyer
Old thread, but I have the same question currently. Recently purchases a string of SE Asian flights (various locations in Cambodia and Vietnam) directly through the VN website.

The credit card I used was lost and a new number is being issued. VN's website FAQs says the card must be produced at check in or verified with with a branch before flying.

Is this really true. I will call the office in San Francisco, but wanted to see if others had good information on this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Info from VN's website below:

HOW DO I VERIFY MY VISA/MASTERCARD/JCB USED TO PURCHASE AIR TICKETS ON VIETNAM AIRLINES WEBSITE?

At the airport, the card holder must submit the Payment card, Passport, eTickets for verification upon check-in when it is required by Vietnam Airlines.

In case the card holder can not verify the payment card at the airport, the card holder must submit the payment card, Pasport, eTickets to verify at Vietnam Airlines branch offices before travel.

For ticket changes, the card holder is required to submit the Payment card, Passport, eTickets for verification at Vietnam Airlines branch offices.

In case the card holder can not submit payment card for verification, Vietnam Airlines reserve right not to provide service or require passengers to purchase new tickets.
Yes, i's true. Not systematic, but relatively frequent. Even if your card has been replaced, if you kept it and can show it, it's fine.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:33 am

In a dozen return flights with them I have yet to be asked for the credit card used to make the booking.
i am not sure if this is because I am from low risk country (Australia) or if I have just been lucky.
My Vietnamese wife just travelled through HCM the other day and wasn't asked for her card either.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
I received a very prompt response from VN's San Francisco office today via email. The way I understand it is that per VN policy, I will not need to show the original credit card if 60 days have passed between the online purchase of the tickets and the date of travel. Below is the exact text from the email I received from VN:

"And you don’t have to show the credit card again based on the date of purchase did exceed 60 days, following VNA policy."

Thanks for the feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.