Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok Airways Experience

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SS255
Yes, in both directions. PG will not assign seats in advance (at least in Y) -- but they will allow you to choose seats at web check-in.
I went to the web check-in counter and asked to switch my seats to more favorable ones (front of cabin, empty row, etc.)
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:14 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by SS255
Yes, in both directions. PG will not assign seats in advance (at least in Y) -- but they will allow you to choose seats at web check-in.
This is not true, you do get to select seats (at least for domestic flights) if you purchased a more expensive ticket. I know that the cheapest fare does not, but from H-subclass and above, you are able to. Just did this the other day where I had these 2 situation.

Cheers!
Old Apr 7, 2014, 12:37 pm

Good to know about the seat assignments. Useful for my next trip.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by nldogbert
This is not true, you do get to select seats (at least for domestic flights) if you purchased a more expensive ticket. I know that the cheapest fare does not, but from H-subclass and above, you are able to. Just did this the other day where I had these 2 situation.

Cheers!
I only purchase H fares (and above) and never had the option to choose seats prior to (web) check in. Also there's only one fare class commonly sold below H and that is Q. There are other lower fare classes (V,G,B) but these are only sold as occasional promos.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 12:57 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I only purchase H fares (and above) and never had the option to choose seats prior to (web) check in. Also there's only one fare class commonly sold below H and that is Q. There are other lower fare classes (V,G,B) but these are only sold as occasional promos.
This is very strange. Again, not sure of non-domestic (or even maybe route dependent?), but since I grabbed the last Q-subclass ticket and the next tickets were H-subclass, I immediately got seat selection for the H-subclass and none for the Q-subclass.

This is my (1-time) experience with them.

Cheers!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is very strange. Again, not sure of non-domestic (or even maybe route dependent?), but since I grabbed the last Q-subclass ticket and the next tickets were H-subclass, I immediately got seat selection for the H-subclass and none for the Q-subclass.

Cheers!
We're in a bit of a lull at the moment with PG while we fly on itins booked prior to the UA mileage apocalypse. I'll keep all this in mind however as our PG flying picks up in May.

Our one extant PG itin (for the end of April) was booked into a promotional G fare and there's definitely no seat selection available to us but I'm also not concerned about this because Premier members are always placed into the first rows of the cabin anyway.

Once we start to purchase other tix I'll keep an eye out on this as it's certainly something I've not seen prior to this discussion.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: UA, AS, AA, DL
I flew REP-BKK with my family on PG about a week ago, and it was fine. There's certainly a limit to what you can do with an ATR-72, but I can't complain.

I can complain, however, about Vietnam Airlines. We were scheduled on a 7:00am to HAN, connected to PVG, and VN cancelled it, offering only a 9:50pm departure to HAN connecting to a 9:30am flight the next morning -- i.e. a 7-hour overnight layover in Hanoi airport. That was a big "no", but they refused to book us on the PG flight. Since it was the last flight on our trip, I called it acceptable losses and just booked REP-BKK-PVG on Bangkok and Shanghai Air, run by the execrable China Eastern -- possibly not the worst airline in Asia, but certainly in the top 10.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I have a mid-morning flight from HKG-USM; should I eat on the plane, or just buy something at HKG?

I find that there's so much choice at HKG so I don't really mind if there's not a full meal service on my flight. I'm flying in economy.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:10 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
I have a mid-morning flight from HKG-USM; should I eat on the plane, or just buy something at HKG?

I find that there's so much choice at HKG so I don't really mind if there's not a full meal service on my flight. I'm flying in economy.
You will get a hot meal on the plane. There is only one option (normally either chicken or fish) so no choice if you do not like it. It will come with a little salad and some sort of dessert.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by yqtyyz

Popeye's!
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
LOL - I have a Popeye's near my work and my home.

I'll skip breakie at both the hotel and airport, then. Thanks for the clarification, moondog and Lobster!

Originally Posted by moondog
Popeye's!
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lobster
You will get a hot meal on the plane. There is only one option (normally either chicken or fish) so no choice if you do not like it. It will come with a little salad and some sort of dessert.
That's right, I had the lasagne.

Occasionally there's a shrimp noodle dish thrown in but that seems to be an outlier.

Today was chicken pad si iu on my <1hr international hop.

What bothers me is, a few months ago, PG dropped Boon Rawd Brewery (Leo, Singha) and now only serves Thai Bev (Chang).
Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:18 am

Programs: CX IN

Cheers!
Now you can select seat even in Q-Class but only at the second part of the cabin from row 12
Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:23 am

Programs: CX IN
Flyerbonus Premier

I just qualified for premier status on 15th December 2014 but still not upgraded.
Can anybody tell me how long it takes to be upgraded to premier?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sc88
I just qualified for premier status on 15th December 2014 but still not upgraded.
Can anybody tell me how long it takes to be upgraded to premier?
In the past it has happened on the first day of the first month following crossing over 250pts. Some years you won't get your Premier card until April... so good luck with that.

I'm at 240 this year and my better half at 235 and trusting PG will follow through with their November email stating 200pts will qualify this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.