Community
Wiki Posts
Search

luggage limit on Air China International flight?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2012, 11:56 am
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
CA flights between China and the US, Canada

Home>Travel Information>Passenger Services>Baggage Information>Checked Baggage

Free checked baggage allowance for Star Gold Card Members

On routes applying the number of pieces system, in addition to the free baggage allowance, Star Gold Card Members taking flights carried by Star Alliance member airlines (including flights carried by Air China) are entitled to check-in an additional piece of baggage free of charge. The baggage piece should not exceed the permitted dimensions 158cm (length + width + depth) and should not weigh more than 32kg for First Class / Business Class and 23kg for Economy Class.

http://www.airchina.com.cn/www/en/ht...0Baggage/3814/
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:46 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
One would be sweating bullets at the baggage carousel, hoping the
baggage handlers didn't make the score of their lifetime.
No need to sweat at all because once that bag is checked, it's gone forever!

LAX
Old Jun 30, 2012, 1:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

deleted (wrong thread)
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As this query is about an airline and not a destination, it hass been moved from the China Forum to the Other Asian, Australian and South Pacific Frequent Flyer Programs (airline) Forum.

Thanks,
JDiver, Senior Moderator
Old May 17, 2016, 11:43 pm

I have one carry on luggage, can I still bring a handbag

Originally Posted by travelsg
I spend quite a while on AirChina website, and didn't find anything useful. therefore, I'd like to ask my question here, and hopefully it can get me somewhere faster..

For an international flight on AirChina (PEK-LAX, if it mattes), what is the luggage limit? I need both the check-in and onboard limit, if you can, please.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 18, 2016, 8:34 am

Sure^
Old May 18, 2016, 8:45 am

As *G, you can check one extra piece of luggage (on routes where the piece concept is in place) - that means one extra piece of 23kg if in Economy. If the allowance is 2*23kg for regular travellers, you'll get 3*23kg. The extra piece allowance is always from the class of travel (or to be perfectly correct, from the class you booked, should you get on opup )

Regarding hand luggage, a regular cabin hand luggage + a personal item is allowed. If you want to strech the rules to the max., bring a duty free bag They're not counted for baggage allowance (which is why many LCC do their baggage check just before the security already - you can't "cheat" that way..)

As Air China is relatively relaxed about hand luggage on international flights, they shouldn't bat an eye for one regular hand luggage + a (slightly) bigger personal item, like a big notebook case.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:01 am

(2) Economy Class passengers

① On the following routes, in the case of Economy Class passengers, the baggage allowance is one piece of ordinary baggage, which shall not weigh over 23 kg (50 lb):
Air China-operated international routes involving America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Australia, New Zealand and Asia (except Japan) and regional routes involving Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan
② On the following routes, in the case of Economy Class passengers, the baggage allowance is two pieces of ordinary baggage, each of which shall not weigh over 23 kg (50 lb):
A. Air China-operated routes involving Japan;
B. The Sixth Freedom Right routes transiting to Americas (not including Hawaii) from third countries and Hong Kong/Macau/Taiwan via Mainland China (Hong Kong/Macau/Taiwan excluded)
I am thoroughly confused about the "Sixth Freedom Right routes" part... So, for IAD - PEK - SIN (in Y-, with no *A status), how many free checked bags do I get?
Old Oct 30, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
2 bags for everyone now on CA as of August that are flying Y.

So if with *G you get 3, regular you get 2.

This is being an big issue IMO because it's delaying flights here for many extra goods that perhaps I find ridiculous that are being checked. (i.e. toilet paper rolls, bounty paper towels, etc.)
Old Oct 30, 2016, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
2 bags for everyone now on CA as of August that are flying Y.

So if with *G you get 3, regular you get 2.

This is being an big issue IMO because it's delaying flights here for many extra goods that perhaps I find ridiculous that are being checked. (i.e. toilet paper rolls, bounty paper towels, etc.)
The "weight" concept is much more common than the "piece" concept in Asia.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by greenery-travel
I am thoroughly confused about the "Sixth Freedom Right routes" part... So, for IAD - PEK - SIN (in Y-, with no *A status), how many free checked bags do I get?
6th freedom means from flying from 2 countries with a stop in China, so, exactly what you are doing (IAD-PEK-SIN).

2 bags 50lbs for Y.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by 1353513636
6th freedom means from flying from 2 countries with a stop in China, so, exactly what you are doing (IAD-PEK-SIN).

2 bags 50lbs for Y.
AWESOME, thanks for the info! We will have plenty of space for Christmas gifts and other American goodies.
Old May 6, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: 1K
I read through the Air China website and the previous posts in this thread but I am still confused about my baggage allowance.

What is my checked-in baggage allowance in Pusan if I have a United (016) ticket with a code share PUS-PEK flight operated by Air China (OZ6835, Economy) connecting to PEK-ORD (UA850, First)?

My United reservation says that I can check-in two bags for free, up to 70 lbs. each, but will Air China honor that?

Thank you.
Old May 7, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by havall
I read through the Air China website and the previous posts in this thread but I am still confused about my baggage allowance.

What is my checked-in baggage allowance in Pusan if I have a United (016) ticket with a code share PUS-PEK flight operated by Air China (OZ6835, Economy) connecting to PEK-ORD (UA850, First)?

My United reservation says that I can check-in two bags for free, up to 70 lbs. each, but will Air China honor that?

Thank you.
This one is tricky because it follows the originating carriers rules. So you are flying Y to F. You only have Y baggage allowance. (PUS-PEK).

However I've been able to get away with this issue in the past by raising voices at the check-in counter and showing your next flight is F. YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.