Seoul Station Airline Check-in Question

Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Seoul Station Airline Check-in Question

I am arriving Seoul Station on KTX at 6:14 PM and my departing flight from ICN is at 8:35PM to Taipei. I know I already miss the 3 hours check-in cut-off at Seoul Station. I am trying to find out the worse case scenario.
On the KARST website, it says passengers may go through immigration at Seoul Station with boarding pass and passport. If I checked-in online and received my boarding pass, can I use the immigration service if my airline is not one of those that allows check-in at KARST?
The worst case scenario I could not check-in online, what is the cut-off for China Airlines at ICN for Skyteam Gold member?
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:16 am

http://info.topasweb.com/BBS/BBSView...String=&page=1

According to this link, they will open the counter up to 40 minutes prior to the flight at "H" island. Do you have any baggage to check in? Regardless, you won't be allowed to check in at Seoul station for CI, so don't expect anything there and rush to the train. Being a Gold member doesn't change anything in terms of cut-off time.

Seoul station is huge with complicated layout. ICN airport is also very far from the train station (in my opinion). So get to know which way to go beforehand. And get CI office phone number so that you can call in emergency.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Thank you for sending the link.
One more question, will I be able to pre-purchase the Airport Express Train ticket? I will be coming from Gumi via KTX train, are they the same rail company? Or I need to buy separate tickets?
Thank you.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
When arriving into Seoul station on KTX, pre airport train days, there was a discount when purchasing a deluxe bus ticket so there might well be a discount for the train.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.