Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible to book Jetstar flights from the USA?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Possible to book Jetstar flights from the USA?

We're planning a trip to Asia. The wonderful woman I'm going with has read somewhere that you can't book flights on the discount Asian airlines (Jetstar in particular) from the USA.

We would want to book our intra-Asia flights ahead of time. Is it possible to book Jetstar and other discount Asian airlines from the USA?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by couponhead
We would want to book our intra-Asia flights ahead of time. Is it possible to book Jetstar and other discount Asian airlines from the USA?
I have purchased Jetstar / Air Asia tickets online without any problem using my USA issued credit cards.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:17 pm

The same for me. No problem to book JetStar Asia tickets from the USA. I only had a call from the credit card fraud department seconds after purchasing the first ticket to confirm that I made the purchase
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: QFF Plat, OZ*G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by couponhead
We're planning a trip to Asia. The wonderful woman I'm going with has read somewhere that you can't book flights on the discount Asian airlines (Jetstar in particular) from the USA.

JQ/3K is not available on some GDS, if not all, that simply means agents can not book it in their system. I have heard its because of the costs! But Jetstar.com should always work!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 2:06 pm

Yup, I've done it too! jetstar.com will be fine!
Old Apr 4, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Things must have changed during the past year, cos I can book only from Honolulu.
For other points of origin, please visit our Australian website
Old Apr 10, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
I've been booking Air Asia and Jetstar tix from the US, for inter Asia flights since 2007.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
When connected to my company network (in office here in Singapore or via VPN), Jetstar always defaults to the US website, which will only allow bookings ex-HNL. However changing country to Singapore, Australia or others will allow bookings for other routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.