Philippine Airlines (PAL) Manila Based Consolidator

Old Nov 11, 11, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Philippine Airlines (PAL) Manila Based Consolidator

Greetings,

Does anyone know of a reliable travel agent in Manila who offers consolidator fares ex: Manila on PR (Philippine Airlines) in Business (Mabuhay) class. Regional and Transpac flights.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 14, 11, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
PR = Philippine Airlines.
Philippine Airlines = Philippines.
ANY TA will take your $. And that's cash. Not cc over the phone etc or website.

But as PR is home carrier , it will most likely be the most expensive carrier to take ex-MNL.

Why take PR when you can take other carriers?
Old Nov 14, 11, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post

But as PR is home carrier , it will most likely be the most expensive carrier to take ex-MNL.

Perhaps because PR business class is half the price of other options.
Old Nov 14, 11, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Thank You Guy Betsy for your reply,

In my OP, I asked for information on a TA with access to Consolidator Fares, not all TA's in RP have that, also, not all TA's in RP are PR Accredited.

There is no problem getting Consolidated Discount Fares ex: USA to RP on PAL, but Business class discounts seem to be somewhat elusive from Manila/Cebu (on regional flights) on ANY carrier. If you know of an Agent that does (on any carrier), would you be so kind as to let me know, I would truly appreciate the referral.

Cheers
AirCrew

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post

Old Nov 14, 11, 9:53 am
Original Poster

moondog, Thanks for the response,

You are correct, PAL are much cheaper on the Ex: USA Business fares, but for Ex: MNL/CEB Mabuhay Class for Regional flights, they seem on-par with CX etc. I am sure there must be a PR Consolidator in Manila, but they sure are hard to locate.

If you know of any, please let me know.

Cheers
AirCrew

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
Perhaps because PR business class is half the price of other options.
Old Nov 14, 11, 8:53 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
I usually buy PR tickets from this company in the US. http://www.citytoursandtravel.net . They also have an office in Cebu City. It is my understanding they have a direct consolidator relationship with PR but I cannot vouch for how it plays out in the Philippines. I have only dealt with the Los Angeles office. They are the cheapest I have personally found in the US. YMMV in PI. The Cebu City office can be reached at +63-32-354-8200
Old Nov 15, 11, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Hi Mabuk dan gila,

Thanks for the referral. Yes, I know this TA in LA (and they are very good), unfortunately, their consolidated fare access is only Ex: USA. Their Cebu office could not help.

Cheers
AirCrew

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila View Post
I usually buy PR tickets from this company in the US. http://www.citytoursandtravel.net . They also have an office in Cebu City. It is my understanding they have a direct consolidator relationship with PR but I cannot vouch for how it plays out in the Philippines. I have only dealt with the Los Angeles office. They are the cheapest I have personally found in the US. YMMV in PI. The Cebu City office can be reached at +63-32-354-8200
Old Nov 15, 11, 1:30 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Here is another one I have dealt with in the US that is headquartered in Malate, Manila. http://happysun8.com/HappySunTravel/Contact.html

Again, I have only dealt with the LA office so I can't vouch for their Manila operation.

+63-2-400-5901

I have been wondering myself what kind of fares I can get ex-MNL instead of ex-USA so I wish you luck on your quest.
Old Nov 24, 11, 10:03 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
I've got pretty much the same question, but for business class flights on TG or OZ. Anyone know the best travel agent or consolidator in Manila for such tickets, and if you can save much compared to buying directly from the airline? Travel agents in the Philippines are an extreme pain to deal with (cash only and typically totally incompetent staff), so if there's only a small savings I'd much rather deal with the airline directly, as I have in the past. Being though I'll be opening up an office in the Philippines next year, my travel from there will increase dramatically, so best to consider all options to getting the best deal.
Old Jul 3, 15, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Marriott Titanium. Life: UA 540K mi., United & Admirals Clubs, Marr. Gold
This is an ongoing topic of interest.
Old Jan 27, 16, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Marriott Titanium. Life: UA 540K mi., United & Admirals Clubs, Marr. Gold
Any updates?
Old Apr 3, 16, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
From USA, is PAL the best priced J Class to Asia etc.?
Old Dec 14, 19, 10:02 am

Consolidator for Philippine Airlines Recs

Any recs or referrals for consolidators esp for premium or biz
Old Dec 14, 19, 10:05 am

Did anyone ever find a good rec here?
Old Feb 13, 20, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would imagine that in the past nine years since 2011, an increasing number of travel agents in the Philippines now take credit cards?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: