Wiki Posts
Search

Air Asia ff fees

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ooi
As a Malaysian, I could not let the slur go unanswered.
Everyone on this planet know that 'Potong' (or is it Proton) is the worst car manufacturer in the world and ever since it came into existence the jokes on Skodas are no longer relevant. The only reason 'Potong' exists is the protectionist policies in Malaysia which result in almost every other make unaffordable to majority of car buyers ( eg a basic Toyota Camry goes for USD60,000 or a Honda Jazz for USD40,000)

You have a worse situation with air travels in Malaysia, its virtually controlled by one man TF (both AK & MH) and even if you are willing to pay more you do not have a choice (unless you can afford your own private jet). Just compare with neighboring Indonesia, Thailand or even Singapore if you do not realise how unfortunate you have been. So while Air Asia FFP may appeal to someone like yourself, many would not even take a second glance.

Since you used to travel in First (and Biz) class on corporate account, I am surprised you have now downgraded yourself to flying cattle class on AK for 13hr flights. I always thought that as one advances with age you would opt for the better things in life, not the other way around; but then living in the land of 'Potongs' one just cannot afford anything else after paying for a 'real' car .....

Last edited by mario33; Oct 24, 2011 at 8:25 am
Old Oct 24, 2011, 5:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by mario33
Everyone on this planet know that 'Potong' (or is it Proton) is the worst car manufacturer in the world and ever since it came into existence the jokes on Skodas are no longer relevant. The only reason 'Potong' exists is the protectionist policies in Malaysia which result in almost every other make unaffordable to majority of car buyers ( eg a basic Toyota Camry goes for USD60,000 or a Honda Jazz for USD40,000)

You have a worse situation with air travels in Malaysia, its virtually controlled by one man TF (both AK & MH) and even if you are willing to pay more you do not have a choice (unless you can afford your own private jet). Just compare with neighboring Indonesia, Thailand or even Singapore if you do not realise how unfortunate you have been. So while Air Asia FFP may appeal to someone like yourself, many would not even take a second glance.

Since you used to travel in First (and Biz) class on corporate account, I am surprised you have now downgraded yourself to flying cattle class on AK for 13hr flights. I always thought that as one advances with age you would opt for the better things in life, not the other way around; but then living in the land of 'Potongs' one just cannot afford anything else after paying for a 'real' car .....
I believe many would only choose AK for short haul flights.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Cathay - Diamond
Originally Posted by mario33

This person is very racist and offensive why have you allowed his posts to be published his comments have nothing to do with FT, please remove them or ban him, having viewed many of his other posts I now see he is very opionated about people below himself
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:57 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Closed for review

Cblaisd
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.