[LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME][MIDDLENAME][TITLE]
[LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME][MIDDLEINITIAL]
[LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME][MIDDLEINITIAL][TITLE]

It may be helpful to see how your name is listed on your eTicket receipt
Print Wikipost

Air China: how do I check my booking?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by TravelDream
I booked a flight a few weeks ago with a Chinese website that was half the price of any other. Worry about the dodginess of this site though, I wanted to check the ticket validity.

I've checked with TravelSky and it says 未使用 which Google translates as not used. Surely it should say confirmed?
Not used means you haven't flown it yet (i.e., the flight coupon is open and ready for use - ready for you to check in and board the plane). It must be before your travel date. It'll change to used after you check in and board the flight.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: Miles & More
Last leg unfilled?

I booked Air China flights from SFO-DEL and back. It has complete information for all of the flights, except the last leg from PEK-SFO where the date and time are missing. It states the flight but not the day/time. It does for all the other flights. CheckMyTrip shows the last leg as confirmed and so does the vendor I bought from. Do I have anything to worry about?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
Does anyone else have issues connecting to travelsky.com .net or any other travelsky website? I can never connect. It states:

'503 Service Unavailable No server is available to handle this request.'

I am trying to access an itinerary for Xiamen Air.

Based on this thread, clearly others are able to connect and check reservations on Chinese carriers. I have checked my security settings on my browser and I am unsure what the issue is.

Anyone else experience this or resolved this?

Thanks.

Last edited by RockyMntFlyer; Oct 18, 2017 at 9:55 am
Old May 23, 2018, 11:40 pm

Has anyone recently managed to check their booking on Travelsky?

The links in wiki don't seem to work anymore.

I have a *A award booking which involves CA legs and would like to double check on them.
Old May 24, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Has anyone recently managed to check their booking on Travelsky?

The links in wiki don't seem to work anymore.

I have a *A award booking which involves CA legs and would like to double check on them.
AFAIK no way to check it online anymore.

Best is to e-mail CA (US office) to ask for seat assignments. When they confirm that they will send a copy and paste of the booking from their terminal, that you can print out for peace of mind.
Old May 24, 2018, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by RealHJ
AFAIK no way to check it online anymore.

Best is to e-mail CA (US office) to ask for seat assignments. When they confirm that they will send a copy and paste of the booking from their terminal, that you can print out for peace of mind.
Mind sharing the contact email for CA?

All I've been able to find on their website is their phone numbers.
Old May 24, 2018, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Mind sharing the contact email for CA?

All I've been able to find on their website is their phone numbers.

CA reps are telling customer to use [email protected].

That is also what has worked for me before. Reasonably prompt response, always helpful, succinct and to the point.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: IB Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, NH Titanium
Reconsolidating some info on this thread and updating it to 2019 and what I found on my own experience (if anyone wants to update the wiki, I'm not yet tenured enough here).

===

To check with an eTicket number:
http://www.travelsky.com/newsky/validate.html
http://www.airchina.com.cn/en/service/ticket-validating/ticket_validating.shtml

eTickets for Air China start with 999. Any of the options above should work. TravelSky is the PSS (Passenger Service System) used by all airlines in People's Republic of China.
There use to be a way to check using the PNR but it doesn't look to be available on TravelSky website anymore.

Names are quite tricky on both sites and there is no official manual, but generally try combinations like:
a) [LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME]
b) [LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME][TITLE]
c) [LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME][MIDDLENAME]
d) [LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME][MIDDLENAME][TITLE]
e) [LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME][MIDDLEINITIAL]
f) [LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME][MIDDLEINITIAL][TITLE]
g [LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME] [MIDDLENAME]
(in example (g) there is a space between firstname and middlename fields, and it was confirmed to be working on January 23th, 2019)

eTickets can have up to 4 segments. If your reservation is supposed to have more than that, enter the next ticket number (do +1 on the last digit) to show your 5th-8th segments.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by nutsbr
Reconsolidating some info on this thread and updating it to 2019 and what I found on my own experience (if anyone wants to update the wiki, I'm not yet tenured enough here).

===

http://www.airchina.com.cn/en/service/ticket-validating/ticket_validating.shtml

eTickets for Air China start with 999. Any of the options above should work. TravelSky is the PSS (Passenger Service System) used by all airlines in People's Republic of China.
There use to be a way to check using the PNR but it doesn't look to be available on TravelSky website anymore.

Names are quite tricky on both sites and there is no official manual, but generally try combinations like:
a) [LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME]
b) [LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME][TITLE]
c) [LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME][MIDDLENAME]
d) [LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME][MIDDLENAME][TITLE]
e) [LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME][MIDDLEINITIAL]
f) [LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME][MIDDLEINITIAL][TITLE]
g [LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME] [MIDDLENAME]
(in example (g) there is a space between firstname and middlename fields, and it was confirmed to be working on January 23th, 2019)

eTickets can have up to 4 segments. If your reservation is supposed to have more than that, enter the next ticket number (do +1 on the last digit) to show your 5th-8th segments.
Just posting my personal experience. I was unable to use either the booking reference or the e-ticket number of a UA award ticket (starting with 016) using these sites. I was able to contact the call center but I had to wait a long time (approximately 34 minutes). I found the customer support staff to be courteous, professional and very helpful.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cheltzel
Just posting my personal experience. I was unable to use either the booking reference or the e-ticket number of a UA award ticket (starting with 016) using these sites. I was able to contact the call center but I had to wait a long time (approximately 34 minutes). I found the customer support staff to be courteous, professional and very helpful.
Did you call their Beijing number?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by moondog
Did you call their Beijing number?
No. And I found that if I send a direct message to their North America twitter account, they respond pretty quickly (within a coupled of hours). That is likely what I will do in the future if I have something that needs attention.
milesforhire likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most annoying situation today. CA ticket with LH feeder. LH OLCI kept failing, so I call CA, she thinks it’s the passport, so that’s fixed. Then all of a sudden it issues a LH BP for the CA flight (after showing seat selection is not possible) which she said it should *not* do on LH.com and of course given the CA system you cannot change the seat once it’s issued.

Totally crap seat.

Previously been okay, not great, on CA only itin.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1k, Soon to be a free agent.
My experience:

I visited this website to check that the ticket exists: Welcome to Airchina!

I entered my name as Lastname/Firstname Middlename

I purchased the ticket through AMEX IAP and my name was listed there as First Middle Last.

I am able to validate the ticket, but not choose seats, etc.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Soon to be a free agent.
Originally Posted by jb691809
My experience:

I visited this website to check that the ticket exists: Welcome to Airchina!

I entered my name as Lastname/Firstname Middlename

I purchased the ticket through AMEX IAP and my name was listed there as First Middle Last.

I am able to validate the ticket, but not choose seats, etc.
In addition, I was able to add my United FF number and obtain my seats by emailing [email protected]. It took 12 hours, but it worked well.
arshi007 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by nutsbr
Uh, that'd be a big nope.

Not Found

The requested URL /newsky/validate.html was not found on this server.

I called AC's US number and got seats assigned with the AC record locator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.