Anyone taken China Eastern Air recently?

Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by jansoncheng
Probably need wait until they receive more 350, but it's said that SYD, AMS and YVR are also in plan
Just added to SYD From March 31st
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:34 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by exwannabe
The website (us.ceair.com) has been getting better, but still has some issues. Seat selection and online checkin now always work for me. Do not have to worry about the magic syntax of middle name and MR and such.

I still do not really trust online checkin and always go to a physical agent when at the airport.
I still cant get my ticket to come up on the MU site - I booked it on Expedia. Is there another place to enter my 781 number to get it done? I ended up calling and holding the other day just to make sure it it was still there.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Tomphot

I still cant get my ticket to come up on the MU site - I booked it on Expedia. Is there another place to enter my 781 number to get it done? I ended up calling and holding the other day just to make sure it it was still there.
I've had the best luck with their HK website; can pull of reservations using my passport number.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:27 pm

Which parts of the HK website can you pull reservations off using your passport number only?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by lolcoaster
Which parts of the HK website can you pull reservations off using your passport number only?
I just checked the mobile site, and it seems that the now require an order/ticket number in addition to passport/ID number, but I'm still convinced that the passport number is more integral wrt their CRM.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:58 pm

Annoying change if true. I even signed up to their rewards program in the hope that by entering my details there, the passport numbers would link up. No such luck.

Better to just email them and ask for help imo.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by moondog
I've had the best luck with their HK website; can pull of reservations using my passport number.
Can you give me the HK website link?

I am having issues with the http://us.ceair.com website Seat reservation page ...
Ween i enter the ticket number including 781 prefix, I get error, like it doesn't recognize ticket number ...

Please fill in the following 1 items again. (Click to locate the error)
Inquiring ticket according to ticket number + traveler's name has failed. Please try again later or contact US Customer Service Hotline 855-58-95530!

When I enter the ticket number omitting the 781 prefix, it seems to recognize the reservation, but gets stuck with a "loading" message. I can see behind the loading message that the page has changed and has fields requesting email, phone, but the page is just stuck in the loading state

Just to clear up any confusion, is the correct way to enter the ticket number to include or omit the 781 prefix?

Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by MarkCron

I am having issues with the http://us.ceair.com website Seat reservation page ...
Ween i enter the ticket number including 781 prefix, I get error, like it doesn't recognize ticket number ...

Inquiring ticket according to ticket number + traveler's name has failed. Please try again later or contact US Customer Service Hotline 855-58-95530!

When I enter the ticket number omitting the 781 prefix, it seems to recognize the reservation, but gets stuck with a "loading" message. I can see behind the loading message that the page has changed and has fields requesting email, phone, but the page is just stuck in the loading state

Just to clear up any confusion, is the correct way to enter the ticket number to include or omit the 781 prefix?

Thanks
The first time I chanced upon their HK website was on the HEX, after missing the check-in cutoff time. I found the site using Google. Relevant or not, I should mention that MU has full on facial recognition for me (e.g. whenever I approach the counter, they already have my reservations on their screen)
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by moondog
The first time I chanced upon their HK website was on the HEX, after missing the check-in cutoff time. I found the site using Google. Relevant or not, I should mention that MU has full on facial recognition for me (e.g. whenever I approach the counter, they already have my reservations on their screen)
Thanks, I did end up finding the HK website (https://hk.ceair.com/), and had the exact same issue as the US site. I will have to call; just wish I could manage reservation seat assignments online.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:43 pm

Thanks
Same thing here when I omit the 781, that airplane just keeps going around in circles. When I put the 781 in, it comes back immediately as not good. I've tried the US & HK sites. I've also tried using the seat selection page as someone up-thread said that worked better with no success.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA

Thanks
You need to include the 781 prefix but omit any dashes. On all my MU tickets I notice that it's written as "781-xxxxxxxxxx", rather than "781xxxxxxxxxx". It should be written like the latter whenever you're on the website.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Akiestar
You need to include the 781 prefix but omit any dashes. On all my MU tickets I notice that it's written as "781-xxxxxxxxxx", rather than "781xxxxxxxxxx". It should be written like the latter whenever you're on the website.
Neither option works for me. I booked my reservation on Expedia, do you book yours directly on the MU site? When I booked mine, the web site was more expensive.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:11 pm

You can also try 774. Otherwise, just their head office in your country for help.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by Tomphot
Neither option works for me. I booked my reservation on Expedia, do you book yours directly on the MU site? When I booked mine, the web site was more expensive.
Nope. I never book with MU directly; their website is way too expensive. I've booked MU flights on Expedia once (back in 2017), and the rest have been booked on Vayama, Justfly, CheapoAir and ExploreTrip.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: FB Plat
For those having problems to catch up their booking on the MU website, try to add " MR" (or " MRS" ofc) at the end of your First Name. It solved my problem (same issues as described above by others) and allowed me to reserve my seats, with a ticket booked thru an OTA.
If it is not working, you can try to use the "Ticket Verification" section of their website to retrieve info about your booking. It worked better for me and was a way for me to notice : 1/ the " MR" issue with the first name, 2/ the MU PNR was different that the "airline PNR" given by the OTA. Be careful that, on this page, the ticket number must be written with the dash ("781-xxx").

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.