Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Airline new uniforms.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asia Miles, Marco Polo, Virgin Flying Club, Etihad Guest & Silver BA Executive Club
Malaysia Airline new uniforms.

The new uniform was featured in the new Going Places August 2011 edition.
Old uniform:

New uniform:

The new kebaya looks softer and less in your face, even though it isn't clear in the picture. The new mens wear is alot better than the old one, goodbye bowties hello normal ties, the colour is also alot more softer compared to the old one; the old one reminded me of a panto costume

Last edited by g.yau; Aug 9, 2011 at 7:11 am Reason: New clearer images
Old Aug 8, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: various
New ones are much better. Especially the men's uniform. The old one with the bow tie was a little too Las Vegas for me. I like the new women's also, looks a little more blue and a little less purple.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 7:51 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by jiejie
Especially the men's uniform.
Finally - after more than 20 years
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:20 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
They sort of resemble Garuda.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Wow, that old suit looked so 1970's. I definitely like the new men's uniform better. More professional and less gimmicky.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 3:17 am

Programs: Enrich Platinum
not much difference...
Old Aug 16, 2011, 3:51 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
The men's uniform looks so much better and much more professional. The old ones were a bit tacky, especially with the bowtie. the tie looks infinitely better! I can't really tell if I like the new women's uniform yet or not. It looks very blue. I'll see for myself in 2 week's time!
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:02 am

Agree that the men's uniform is miles better than the current ill-fitting panto costume with bow tie and songket lapel!

But the women's uniform is still too "kampung" for me... wonder why MH doesn't get it right like SQ - cultural, distinct yet timeless.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:40 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Agree that the men's uniform is miles better than the current ill-fitting panto costume with bow tie and songket lapel!

But the women's uniform is still too "kampung" for me... wonder why MH doesn't get it right like SQ - cultural, distinct yet timeless.
I like the women's uniform. I think they're just as nice as the SQ ones actually.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by doctorjosh
I like the women's uniform. I think they're just as nice as the SQ ones actually.
Bystander here.

With no doubt, the reason that they look similar is Malaysia and Singapore was used to be under the same roof (even for MH and SQ)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.