FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   Air China's new 777-300ER seats (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1231074-air-chinas-new-777-300er-seats.html)

moondog Nov 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by miloteddy (Post 21762239)
On recent 777 flight from PEK-IAH in F class, I will report the seats are fantastic. I slept like a rock. The food was OK, and the wine selection was good. The FA took my pre-flight drink order (I was the first to board in F class). I had be drinking Tsingtau in the lounge so I ordered another. She nodded enthusiastically, and later showed up with a gin and tonic. I thought, why fight it, and drank gin and tonics until dinner.

The F class lounge was a nice place to hang for a few hours, with plenty of food and drinks. The seating was very comfy, and had great views of the airport. I will definitely choose AC again from and to IAH.

What color were the bottles? (I've only seen green bottles or cans in the PEK lounge, both of which I detest.)

skystheroof Nov 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Thanks for sharing

miloteddy Nov 13, 2013 11:42 am

Originally Posted by moondog (Post 21762494)
What color were the bottles? (I've only seen green bottles or cans in the PEK lounge, both of which I detest.)

They had the white and Gold cans. The gold is actually pretty good. On previous trips to the mainland, I usually drink the gold in bottles.

moondog Nov 13, 2013 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by miloteddy (Post 21778702)
They had the white and Gold cans. The gold is actually pretty good. On previous trips to the mainland, I usually drink the gold in bottles.

Those are my favorite, but they are pretty hard to find.

FLLDL Nov 14, 2013 8:01 am

brown bottle with gold foil is my favorite but seems to mostly be found in Shanghai. Green bottles are watery garbage for the most part.

geclub1 Nov 14, 2013 10:04 am

Originally Posted by AndrewE (Post 21714779)
So the routes with the 77W or '773' as it's coded:

LAX, IAH, JFK, LHR, CDG, FRA

Originally Posted by imm2b (Post 21722559)
Thanks for the update. Still no SFO :(

Per Airlineroute, SFO-PEK is getting 773 starting 11FEB14.

http://airlineroute.net/2013/11/12/ca-747-feb14/

imm2b Nov 14, 2013 11:15 am

Originally Posted by geclub1 (Post 21784340)
Per Airlineroute, SFO-PEK is getting 773 starting 11FEB14.

http://airlineroute.net/2013/11/12/ca-747-feb14/

Thanks for the update. It looks like I'll be stuck on the 747's as I'll be flying at the end of Dec. 13.

frenchie2 Jan 29, 2014 9:24 pm

Just booked an award ticket for PEK-SFO for April as CA is the only one that has a seat for the date I wanted! I called the US service center to get my seat assignment and asked if there is a way to see my reservation online. The nice agent told me it is not possible because the ticket was not issued by CA, and I won't be able to check in online either.

From reading this site, ground experience in Beijing would be as unpleasant as I recently experienced in Shanghai flying AA to LAX (no special boarding line for F passengers). Guess I shouldn't expect much :-)

geclub1 Jan 29, 2014 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by frenchie2 (Post 22250142)
Just booked an award ticket for PEK-SFO for April as CA is the only one that has a seat for the date I wanted! I called the US service center to get my seat assignment and asked if there is a way to see my reservation online. The nice agent told me it is not possible because the ticket was not issued by CA, and I won't be able to check in online either.

From reading this site, ground experience in Beijing would be as unpleasant as I recently experienced in Shanghai flying AA to LAX (no special boarding line for F passengers). Guess I shouldn't expect much :-)

With this low expectation, you will be pleasantly surprised. CA lounge in T3 of PEK is pretty decent in fact.

frenchie2 Jan 30, 2014 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1 (Post 22250201)
With this low expectation, you will be pleasantly surprised. CA lounge in T3 of PEK is pretty decent in fact.

I am traveling in J this time, didn't want to use more miles for F.

I do speak Chinese fluently, not sure how that will help improve the CA experience, as sometimes it makes it worst (at least on the ground). Last month I was traveling alone with my two kids, I almost got stopped by a lady at custom after getting my luggage, but as soon as I replied in English, she backed off and let me go.

PeteyNice Mar 27, 2014 8:19 pm

Flying LAX-PEK in Y. Can someone tell me how the AC Power works? It says 1 plug every two seats but since the seats are 3-3-3 how does that work? Where is the plug? Is it a US or Chinese style outlet?

legionnaire Sep 25, 2017 8:45 am

J seats in CA984 777-300ER LAX-PEK

Any reports on the "lie flat" J seats on Air China's CA984 LAX-PEK?

If I were to pick the window seat, how is easy is it to get to the aisle without disturbing my sleeping neighbor?

belfordrocks Sep 25, 2017 10:44 am

It's exactly the same seat as you'll find on the United 787's and other ex-Continental aircraft.