Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air China's new 777-300ER seats

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by cheap pacific fares
Anybody flown Air China from JFK to PEK in business class lately? I'm doing it in January 2013.

Aircraft type? Seats any good?

How would you rate the experience?

Thanks.
what's the aircraft listed on the itinerary? will be able to tell you the seat if we know the aircraft.
Old May 29, 2012, 5:16 pm

I think the 772's (which don't do JFK IIRC) all have the older-style recliner business class seats, all other long haul aircraft would have lie-flat seats or better...
Old May 30, 2012, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
I think the 772's (which don't do JFK IIRC) all have the older-style recliner business class seats, all other long haul aircraft would have lie-flat seats or better...
772s will be recofigured to full horizontal lie flat - but there are still lots of other long hauls out there with angled lie flats - incl the 747. ATM the 772s are really bad with a 42 inch pitch in biz class
Old May 30, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Velocity Awards
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
what's the aircraft listed on the itinerary? will be able to tell you the seat if we know the aircraft.
It's a 777-300ER. These seats/service/experience any good?
Old May 30, 2012, 7:43 am

Yes, flat bed J
Old May 30, 2012, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a 777-300ER. These seats/service/experience any good?
this whole thread is about the 777-300er!!
Old Jun 4, 2012, 2:59 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Velocity Awards
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
this whole thread is about the 777-300er!!
So why did you ask me, on #46, "What's the aircraft listed on the itinerary? will be able to tell you the seat if we know the aircraft."
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So why did you ask me, on #46, "What's the aircraft listed on the itinerary? will be able to tell you the seat if we know the aircraft."
you asked what the seats were like for your flight.

I asked you to tell us what the aircraft was.

You then said it was a 777-300.

Once you told us that - all you needed to do was read this whole thread which is entirely about the 777-300!! no need to ask what the seats are like.

If you had come back and said it was a 747 then we would have provided alternative information for you. But all the posts from the beginning are talking about the very aircraft you asked 'what are the seats like?' for.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:16 am

Hi All-

Sorry it has taken so long to reply, I'm still hoping to do a more in-depth trip report later, but for now just wanted to get a mini-review on the flight.

I took the LAX-PEK redeye leaving LAX around 1:40am

A few notes:

-For those whom are debating between United and Air China on this route, I would rate Air China's product FAR above that of Uniteds (from my 773ER experience as least)
-Hard Product is one of the best in the sky. Photo's don't do it justice.
- Love the table! Slides from under the TV vs armrest.
- Bed was huge and high quality bedding. Although no doors on suite, offered good privacy. Managed around 6 hours of sleep.
-Service much better than Uniteds, although that is often not hard to beat. The one thing I would say is that it is typical Asian "subservient service". It still rivals that of other top carriers. English level as mentioned before by others wasn't perfect but enough to get by. They were excellent at top ups, and when I awoke twice throughout the night an FA was there within seconds offering food/water/drinks/etc.
-Load 7/8: 4 Westerners, 3 Chinese
-Very nice pajamas given
-Balmy Amenity Kit
-Only major negative thing was the food. It wasn't great, and the fact they didn't serve breakfast (just another dinner) in the morning, was odd and unappealing. A shame really, as that would have, in my book, put the flight on par with other Asian carriers.
-Oddly, the seat belt sign was kept on the entire 13 hour flight, with minimal turbulence. The FAs made no attempt to stop people getting up freely and walking about the cabin.

Photos do more than words, so I've attached a link to a web album to view.

https://picasaweb.google.com/faithwi...eat=directlink

Will be happy to answer any questions as well!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Thanks for review.
So food quality still not improving it seems. Too bad.
At least other areas they're excellent.

Originally Posted by faithwins
Hi All-

Sorry it has taken so long to reply, I'm still hoping to do a more in-depth trip report later, but for now just wanted to get a mini-review on the flight.

I took the LAX-PEK redeye leaving LAX around 1:40am

A few notes:

-For those whom are debating between United and Air China on this route, I would rate Air China's product FAR above that of Uniteds (from my 773ER experience as least)
-Hard Product is one of the best in the sky. Photo's don't do it justice.
- Love the table! Slides from under the TV vs armrest.
- Bed was huge and high quality bedding. Although no doors on suite, offered good privacy. Managed around 6 hours of sleep.
-Service much better than Uniteds, although that is often not hard to beat. The one thing I would say is that it is typical Asian "subservient service". It still rivals that of other top carriers. English level as mentioned before by others wasn't perfect but enough to get by. They were excellent at top ups, and when I awoke twice throughout the night an FA was there within seconds offering food/water/drinks/etc.
-Load 7/8: 4 Westerners, 3 Chinese
-Very nice pajamas given
-Balmy Amenity Kit
-Only major negative thing was the food. It wasn't great, and the fact they didn't serve breakfast (just another dinner) in the morning, was odd and unappealing. A shame really, as that would have, in my book, put the flight on par with other Asian carriers.
-Oddly, the seat belt sign was kept on the entire 13 hour flight, with minimal turbulence. The FAs made no attempt to stop people getting up freely and walking about the cabin.

Photos do more than words, so I've attached a link to a web album to view.

https://picasaweb.google.com/faithwi...eat=directlink

Will be happy to answer any questions as well!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks for the report faithwins!! Did you manage a peek at the biz class cabin? If yes, how did the flat beds look in there?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: Qatar Gold, Asiana Club Diamond, THAI silver
Came in to confirm the better option flying Air China LAX-PEK over United.
I flew the same night flight in Economy class (Can't call red-eyed as flight departed after mid-night and arrived early morning in PEK with approx 12-13 hours of darkness in the air!!)

I flew the new 777-300ER, flight date 29th March 2012.

They did doubled dinner service in Economy class.
Food was great! I have posted some photos over here,

http://www.hflight.net/forums/topic/...n/page__st__60

The wordings are in Thai. Please just enjoy the photos.

If you want to save some money, wanna get some STAR miles or your are a *G. Air China ain't bad at all!!

Cheers,
flyvirgin
Old Jun 21, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
Hey all, I figured I would throw my hat into the ring as well as I just completed a journey in F on CA just the other week from PEK-LAX and here are my two cents:

Hard product: Flew up in the front of the bus in 1H and was pleasantly surprised how spacious and comfortable it was. The big sliding tray table was easy to move and very functional. The monitor was quiet large with plenty of movies, TV shows, music, awesome in flight moving map with many options to manipulate it etc... The seat took me a moment or two to find the right position to recline in, but that was an issue on my part. Seats are very comfortable in the sleep position and the blanket and pillow will allow anyone to sleep comfortably.

Soft product: Food was great but not overly amazing. The apps were ok at best for me but the Beijing duck entree was awesome! I would have gone back for seconds if they offered. Cheese plate was exactly just that with a couple of crackers and the dessert... I honestly do not remember. Can't say much for the second meal at the end of the journey as I slept through it.

Service was solid but not quiet SQ or CX. The FA who handled me the most spoke excellent English and was always cheerful and smiling. I would not hesitate again flying CA given the choice of using UA.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by flyvirgin
(Can't call red-eyed as flight departed after mid-night and arrived early morning in PEK with approx 12-13 hours of darkness in the air!!)
Around this time of the year (summer solstice), CA984 is more daylight than darkness. The sun rises at around 0530 PDT from LAX all the way to Nome, so darkness is only during the first 3.5 hours.

I flew LAX-PEK a couple weeks ago and had an L seat (right window) and had the sun right outside the window (north) over Alaska and Siberia. The sun actually "set" in the east as the plane dived down to lower latitude in the later hours.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
777-300er off LAX-PEK?

FlightAware is showing that the 777-300er has been swapped a lot lately for a 777-200 on CA983.

Are these just a flightaware glitch or is CA really swapping equipment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.