Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air China's new 777-300ER seats

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by DBCme
Does CA offer PJ's on this (or other long haul's) in F?
I received one last week while flying from PEK to LAX
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:51 pm

I flew PEK - LAX last week and here are some impressions from the flight - the text is all in German, but you can see some pictures and the complete menu etc:

Amenity Kit
Menu
Seat and more
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Florian79
I received one last week while flying from PEK to LAX
thanks!

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
It is hit or miss. I have flown CA F TPAC and have been given PJs and on other flights where they were not offered.
and thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Florian79
I flew PEK - LAX last week and here are some impressions from the flight - the text is all in German, but you can see some pictures and the complete menu etc:

Amenity Kit
Menu
Seat and more
Thanks so much! The photos were great to get an idea. I used google translate to get an idea of the text.

So it seems to me like the hard product was on par with a top-notch first class seat, but the service left a little to be desired.

Is that about right?

Best,

fw
Old Mar 31, 2012, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by faithwins
Thanks so much! The photos were great to get an idea. I used google translate to get an idea of the text.

So it seems to me like the hard product was on par with a top-notch first class seat, but the service left a little to be desired.

Is that about right?

Best,

fw
Yes, I thought the hard product was very very good, but I couldn't see much difference with the service / food compared to my business class flight with Air China from Sydney to Beijing earlier that day.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by faithwins
Hi All,

Hope you are well.

Debating on whether to choose United or Air China on an reward ticket from LAX-PEK.

The flight would be operated by a 777-300ER (Air China) and their new seat seems great, just don't know all too much about service, etc.

Not that United is much to write home about, but I feel like I leave a lot up to Air China with chance.

Has anyone flown in their First Class cabin on this aircraft and have experience with food, drink, amenity kit, service, duvet etc?

Would love to see photos if you have any!

Thanks,

fw
In addition to the fantastic pictures posted by Florian, I can tell you that in my experience, Air China, despite having come a long way, still falls significantly short in comparison to other Asian carriers. Cabin crews in particular tend to be very unpolished and the quality of the meals is rather low even in long-haul F.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Air China is sincerely trying to get better and better. Why not give it a try. It's first class on a newer plane on a flagship route so you can't go wrong with that. There is no doubt that they will pamper you.

Tell them you're on FlyerTalk and they might give you a little extra if you can write a good trip report for them!
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:39 pm

Its Air China
ide pass and take United C over AC F - and Have!
If you dont care about entertainment, food quality or timetable reliability AND you love a hot cabin with cabin crew who dont speak english take the chinese copy of Swiss First.

If you want to get where you are going and sleep well and eat fine, but dont mind upgradees and surly service (on occasion) UA F is the way to go.

frankly i dont see much difference between UA C and F except F is more private when traveling alone
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by CLTF
Its Air China
ide pass and take United C over AC F - and Have!If you dont care about entertainment, food quality or timetable reliability AND you love a hot cabin with cabin crew who dont speak english take the chinese copy of Swiss First.

If you want to get where you are going and sleep well and eat fine, but dont mind upgradees and surly service (on occasion) UA F is the way to go.

frankly i dont see much difference between UA C and F except F is more private when traveling alone
Emphasis mine.
AC=Air Canada
CA=Air China
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by DBCme
Emphasis mine.
AC=Air Canada
CA=Air China
typo
sorry
am traveling and texting from phone!
appologies Air Canada (which has quite a good buz class - of exec First)
Old Apr 6, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
Looking forward to flying this route in the next couple of months, PEK-LAX. Glad to see they have a decent ameninty kit and pajamas up in F. I will report back here after the trip.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CLTF
Its Air China
ide pass and take United C over AC F - and Have!
If you dont care about entertainment, food quality or timetable reliability AND you love a hot cabin with cabin crew who dont speak english take the chinese copy of Swiss First.

Uhh, beg to differ but UA C or F catering isn't that much better either.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:34 am

An update:

I'm booked on LAX-PEK Air China 77W in a couple of weeks, ill be sure and try and take pics and post a report!
Old May 14, 2012, 4:05 am

Hey, anyone know when Air China will operate these Birds on CA985/6 to SFO? I am a frequent flyer on this route and the 744s currently used seem quite old.

I know Air China will eventually bring the 777-300ERs in but anyone know when?
Old May 14, 2012, 4:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 103
Hey, anyone know when Air China will operate these Birds on CA985/6 to SFO? I am a frequent flyer on this route and the 744s currently used seem quite old.

I know Air China will eventually bring the 777-300ERs in but anyone know when?
IIRC, SFO is pretty far down the list. (LAX, LHR, FRA, and JFK -- just to name a few -- are higher priority.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.