Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air China's new 777-300ER seats

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2013, 6:09 am

IAH-PEK is 77W with new F and J as it always has been.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Pic of my F seat I took

Old Sep 27, 2013, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Any updates on the IAH-PEK flight? Thinking about booking that same flight next summer.
It's a good flight, Air China's 77W hard product is on par with some of the best in the world. It's also Air China's longest flight.

The only caveat I would have is if you're not a chinese speaker, it can be a bit tough communicating with the flight attendants and the IFE is all chinese content (It is Air China!) but since my mom is chinese, that's not an issue.

She mentioned the service was incredible, she really enjoyed the suite. I've flown on Air China plenty of times and would say they can be really enjoyable to fly as long as things are going on schedule.

Some of the complaints about them is that they are terrible when it comes to IRROPS. For my mom's flight, I booked the outbound and return tickets as separate one ways with miles, so if one got screwed up, the other was not affected. Plus since we're flying out of AUS and Air China's going to IAH, it'd be pretty hard for them to screw anything up as the downline connection is a quick 30 minute hop to AUS. Worst comes to worst, if they get her late to IAH and all UA flights are booked solid to AUS, a quick one way rental car would be an easy solution getting back to AUS. Plus, since the ticket was booked with UA miles, if she misses the UA downline connection, it's much easier for them to fix it themselves as well.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:00 am

Yes Chinese speaker on CA is a huge advantage, more so than German speaker on LH for example.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Yes Chinese speaker on CA is a huge advantage, more so than German speaker on LH for example.
Traveling through China is a great humbling experience for Westerners. Unlike other Asian countries, such as Thailand, they do not go out of their way to accommodate English Speakers. I am fine with that. You can always get your point across with a little imagination. I do a lot of pointing, for instance. No problem here. As for the Chinese content on the AVOD, bring an IPAD, or similar with the stuff that you like. Over time, I suspect their US routes will get more training, but that is fine, as long as the service, overall, is what you expect. Better yet, maybe Westerners can learn some Mandarin. I have not, but it ain't a bad idea.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
On the European flights, there is always one non-chinese FA in J

I had no issues on CA with FAs (lack of) communication skills, whether it was in Y, J or F.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 2:18 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
There are at least 20 American movies (if that's what you're looking for) as well as a few more interesting ones from other contries and a medium selection of standard western music on the 773.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:13 pm

Deleted

Last edited by imm2b; Apr 15, 2014 at 11:42 pm
Old Sep 29, 2013, 6:35 pm

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Have people been able to get the free BMW transfer from PEK to your hotel when coming from the US on an award ticket in F?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:48 am

Question

So the routes with the 77W or '773' as it's coded:

LAX, IAH, JFK, LHR, CDG, FRA
Old Nov 3, 2013, 12:25 am

+SYD seasonal
Old Nov 3, 2013, 6:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Originally Posted by saranyc
Have people been able to get the free BMW transfer from PEK to your hotel when coming from the US on an award ticket in F?

also curious about this> if someone can PM with info, would be appreciated. Also, did anyone figure out how to change your seat online if the ticket was reserved using miles?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewE
So the routes with the 77W or '773' as it's coded:

LAX, IAH, JFK, LHR, CDG, FRA
Thanks for the update.

Last edited by imm2b; Apr 15, 2014 at 11:40 pm
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:38 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by miloteddy
Traveling through China is a great humbling experience for Westerners. Unlike other Asian countries, such as Thailand, they do not go out of their way to accommodate English Speakers. I am fine with that. You can always get your point across with a little imagination. I do a lot of pointing, for instance. No problem here. As for the Chinese content on the AVOD, bring an IPAD, or similar with the stuff that you like. Over time, I suspect their US routes will get more training, but that is fine, as long as the service, overall, is what you expect. Better yet, maybe Westerners can learn some Mandarin. I have not, but it ain't a bad idea.
Thailand has English speakers? Outside of luxury hotels, where? Just because something in English has been written on a sign doesn't mean those who made the sign understand it. Getting anything done at a 7-11 is odious, so the most practical word I recall is "toong," which means bag.

Though, I do hear you about others learning at least a few basic phrases (say, non-Chinese speakers going to China) when traveling.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:44 pm

On recent 777 flight from PEK-IAH in F class, I will report the seats are fantastic. I slept like a rock. The food was OK, and the wine selection was good. The FA took my pre-flight drink order (I was the first to board in F class). I had be drinking Tsingtau in the lounge so I ordered another. She nodded enthusiastically, and later showed up with a gin and tonic. I thought, why fight it, and drank gin and tonics until dinner.

The F class lounge was a nice place to hang for a few hours, with plenty of food and drinks. The seating was very comfy, and had great views of the airport. I will definitely choose AC again from and to IAH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.