Community
Wiki Posts
Search

philippine airlines service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
JFK/EWR - MNL doesn't require an overnight stay in either direction.

The NYC-SIN flight comes in the morning, which connects to the 0940 flight to MNL, and the return to JFK is at night, so probably the last flight out of MNL. EWR should work as well because there is a 0740 flight from MNL
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:11 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KFG, Marriott Plat, AccorG
SQ22 SIN-EWR leaves 1055. Earliest MNL-SIN dep0810, arrives1140. So have to leave the night before to connect to flight to EWR.

SIN-JFK-SIN will connect, that's true, but has extra stop in FRA. (2 stops to MNL vs. 1 stop on CX.)
Old Aug 6, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: PAL million miler (1.6 M ), AA Platinum ( almost 1 M)
hi

Originally Posted by westman
Hey has anyone flown PR recently? what can we expect from this airline (business class) sydney/manila/Bangkok, return ie, which lounge's do they use in Sydney/Bangkok , what type of aircraft and level of service ect ,ect, should we expect
Any help would be good .
thanks westman.
I flew to sydney last week they use air new zealand lounge.... and they used airbus 340.. just get the first 2 rows which lies flat 180 degrees
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Trip Report - PR300 MNL-HKG

I was flying on PR in June, from Manila to Hong Kong. It was just a 2 hours flight but the airline really impressed me with its product and service. Good, the flight was operated with a B747 and only 8 pax have been on bord in Mabuhay Class (Business). A full breakfast was served, nice & attentive flight attendants. The PR Terminal 2 in Manila is also much better than the old Terminal 1, where all other international departures take place. PR Mabuhay Lounge was ok, but nothing special to write about...

Pictures:

PR B747 in MNL (RP-C7472)

Mabuhay seat I
Mabuhay seat II
Mabuhay seat in sleeping position

Menu - cover
Menu - PR pinoy chef brigade
Menu - PR300 MNL-HKG (breakfast)
Menu - PR301 HKG-MNL (lunch)
Menu - beverages

My choice: the Filipino breakfast "Dinuguan and Menudo-flavored Pork Longaniza"
The brown drink is kind of an ice-tea and called 'Pinoy Fiesta Cooler' Very tasty! Also the Mango Smoothie (served before takeoff) was delicious!

Flight attendants brought me also the Mixed Seafood Congee

Honestly, I did not expect all that on this short flight and on Phillipine Airlines. Therefore I can only recommand to fly PR and I will surely do it again :-)
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Nice trip report and pics. Thanks!

New plane.

I would have picked the same breakfast.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Colt 45 in Business Class?!?!
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto
You better believe it. For those special occasions when Coors is not classy enough. With a slogan like "It works every time!" how can you go wrong? They never seem to have 40oz bottles of Colt 45 on board though.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ACORD
I flew Manila Macau in J a couple of times this month on Airbus 320

Service and cabin is OK

The AVOD is a joke. Theay have AVOD but the selection of programs is terrible -- I think they were downloaded from youtube or something.

I noted the toilet rolls in the J lavs have PAL writen all over them to make sure they are not stolen!
I think this is to ensure that you do not have PAL on your behind when you leave the aircraft.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:23 pm

Programs: asia miles
I only flew PAL on short segments (HKG-MNL, MNL-GUM, SIN-MNL) but I always find the service to be quite good. And the flight attendant are rather friendly. In term of IFE, it depends of the plane type but for such short flights it does not really matter
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Which lounge in HKG?

Do business class pax from HKG-MNL have lounge access in Hong Kong?
Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by kevino
Do business class pax from HKG-MNL have lounge access in Hong Kong?
Thanks.
Yes, PR uses the CNAC VIP Lounge by gate 16. PR flights usually depart from gates 16-18.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Someone on SQTalk has written a trip report about SIN-CGK in C. He says he's very impressed!

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12378
Old Feb 25, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Not too shabby! The reason why they serve Coors, Colt 45, Carlsberg or Manila Beer/Beer na Beer is because the owner of Philippine Airlines owns the brewery (Asia Brewery) that has licensed or created those beers in the Philippines.

So...it's not really un-classy to do so in Business Class...it's just business. I mean if you own a brewery, you might as well serve that beer to your passengers instead of buying others right?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by blackmamba
Not too shabby! The reason why they serve Coors, Colt 45, Carlsberg or Manila Beer/Beer na Beer is because the owner of Philippine Airlines owns the brewery (Asia Brewery) that has licensed or created those beers in the Philippines.

So...it's not really un-classy to do so in Business Class...it's just business. I mean if you own a brewery, you might as well serve that beer to your passengers instead of buying others right?
The funny part is outside PR flights or in the lounge in MNL I have never seen Colt 45 in 12 ounce cans before. I didn't even know you could get it that way. Around Southern California Colt 45 is usually only found in 40 oz bottles or 24 oz cans. Both Colt 45 and the Manila Beer they serve are 7% alcohol so they pack about one and a half times the kick of an ordinary beer so I guess that keeps the passengers happy.

Currently Lucio Tan is very actively courting San Miguel's deep corporate pockets to take a 49% ownership position in PAL and give it an infusion of cash. So I imagine the beer selection may be changing before too long if that deal actually goes through.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 3:26 pm

Yes, PR uses the CNAC VIP Lounge by gate 16. PR flights usually depart from gates 16-18.
Thank you Mr. Roboto. ^

Btw, I remember when the Houston Astros baseball team used to be called the Houston Colt .45's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.