Average Price One Way From TSA to SHA

Old Apr 25, 11, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold
Average One Way Price From TSA to SHA/RT HKG-KUL

Since it will be my first visit to Taiwan in a long time, I am unfamiliar with ticket prices from Taipei to Shanghai (specifically TSA to SHA). On multiple websites, I found one way tickets from TSA to SHA to be in the $260s on China Eastern/Shanghai Air. The flight that I am considering is a codeshare flight that is operated by CI. Other than that, the main question is whether $260 is a good or bad price. Even though it may be obvious, is CI better than MU/FM? Thanks!

Update: Since I normally purchase my tickets from the US directly to KL, I am uncertain of how much a roundtrip ticket costs from Hong Kong-Kuala Lumpur. It is 1764hkd/person including tax ($255) on MH. Is this a good deal? I am departing in June and returning in July. Can Air Asia match this in the near future? Thanks!

Last edited by arthursiew; Apr 29, 11 at 7:01 pm
Old Apr 26, 11, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arthursiew View Post
Since it will be my first visit to Taiwan in a long time, I am unfamiliar with ticket prices from Taipei to Shanghai (specifically TSA to SHA). On multiple websites, I found one way tickets from TSA to SHA to be in the $260s on China Eastern/Shanghai Air. The flight that I am considering is a codeshare flight that is operated by CI. Other than that, the main question is whether $260 is a good or bad price. Even though it may be obvious, is CI better than MU/FM? Thanks!
That's a pretty good price.
Old Apr 29, 11, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold
Since I normally purchase my tickets from the US directly to KL, I am uncertain of how much a roundtrip ticket costs from Hong Kong-Kuala Lumpur. It is 1764hkd/person including tax ($255) on MH. Is this a good deal? I am departing in June and returning in July. Can Air Asia match this in the near future? Thanks!
Old May 2, 11, 9:58 am
Ambassador, China

Programs: TG, OZ, UA, AA
Why don't you go to the Air Asia website www.airasia.com and price the darn thing yourself? You can even book online if you decide to go that route.
Old May 3, 11, 6:14 am

Programs: IML Gold, SPG100, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by arthursiew View Post

Update: Since I normally purchase my tickets from the US directly to KL, I am uncertain of how much a roundtrip ticket costs from Hong Kong-Kuala Lumpur. It is 1764hkd/person including tax ($255) on MH. Is this a good deal? I am departing in June and returning in July. Can Air Asia match this in the near future? Thanks!
Anything under the $300 range is considered a superb price. I flew this segment a couple of weeks ago and paid quite a bit higher. Although I feel a downward pressure on the pricing because it seems that seats are easier and easier to get.

In terms of airline choice, for some reason CI and BR always charge much higher than the mainland airlines. But its fine... unless you are missing some miles to achieve/maintain status it really doesn't matter... after all the flight is a little more than an hour long anyways.

Search this Thread