Air China Wait List

Old Apr 25, 11, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Air China Wait List

I'm not sure if anyone has experienced the wait list with Air China.

I have a flight with them on the 4th of May, but I really want to leave as soon as possible (i.e. the 29th of April). I've asked to be put on the wait list, should I hold my breath?

They have space on the flight, but at a higher price bracket. I really don't want to pay the extra as I've over paid for the ticket as it is. I'm traveling internationally and departing from Beijing.

Please let me know if you have had a similar experience or how to improve my chances of getting the earlier ticket.

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 25, 11, 12:29 pm
Senior Moderator/Moderator: United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
ezhao217, welcome to FlyerTalk! Please follow as the thread moves to the appropriate airline forum for discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Apr 25, 11, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ezhao217 View Post
I'm not sure if anyone has experienced the wait list with Air China.

I have a flight with them on the 4th of May, but I really want to leave as soon as possible (i.e. the 29th of April). I've asked to be put on the wait list, should I hold my breath?

They have space on the flight, but at a higher price bracket. I really don't want to pay the extra as I've over paid for the ticket as it is. I'm traveling internationally and departing from Beijing.

Please let me know if you have had a similar experience or how to improve my chances of getting the earlier ticket.

Thanks in advance!
What's the booking class (or route + fare paid), and who sold you the ticket? Intra-China tickets are usually pretty easy to change (either for free or by buying up to the lowest fare class available on the new flight).
Old Apr 26, 11, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks Moderator.

And moondog, my flight is originally a return flight from NY to Melb, I've extended my stay in Beijing. The price I paid was around $2400 return, it was peak season and in economy.

I bought the tickets through an agent. I really don't want to buy up as I have paid more than I was willing to.

They told me to call every day and check, but that chances of getting a ticket is slim.

What's your opinion?
Old Apr 26, 11, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ezhao217 View Post
Thanks Moderator.

And moondog, my flight is originally a return flight from NY to Melb, I've extended my stay in Beijing. The price I paid was around $2400 return, it was peak season and in economy.

I bought the tickets through an agent. I really don't want to buy up as I have paid more than I was willing to.

They told me to call every day and check, but that chances of getting a ticket is slim.

What's your opinion?
For some reason, I missed the fact that your ticket was 100% international. Even if this the case, CA tickets tend to be fairly easy to change; you'll likely need to part with a bit more money, but probably not a lot (<$100).

Search this Thread