Seat Selection on Malaysian Airlines

Old Mar 25, 2011, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Seat Selection on Malaysian Airlines

Hello all,

I'm sort off puzzeled by Malaysian Airlines' policy on seat selection in advance. The airlines website is a contradictionary on this subject. I'm thinking of booking DPS-KUL with them for a flight in september. Will I be able to preselect my seat? The flight is operated by an Airbus A330, and I don't wanna be stuck in a middle somewhere in the back of the plane.

Regards,
Robert
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:22 pm

Hi Robert,

From what i know at the time you book the tickets you can select seats however you will have pay for them depending on what fare class you book. For example flexible condition fares such as U,W,Y fare code on economy would get free seating selection but the restrictive fares such as K,M,H,Q,L,V,S fare code you would need to pay.

Hope it helps

Henry
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Thank you for your reply, Henry!
Old Mar 28, 2011, 3:31 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Free seat reservation in C
Old Mar 30, 2011, 6:11 am

Programs: Enrich, Qantas
Hi, would this include the D class as well ?
Thanks
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:19 pm

Seat selection on business class fare codes D, C, J is free and First class A, P, F. Basically a charge for seat selection is applied to restrictive economy fares only.

Henry
Old Jan 28, 2012, 1:58 am

Seat from Netherlands

Originally Posted by henry.tan
Seat selection on business class fare codes D, C, J is free and First class A, P, F. Basically a charge for seat selection is applied to restrictive economy fares only.

Henry
Is it possible to make a seat selection for my flight Amsterdam - Kuala Lumpur in economy class. I know I have to pay a fee for this. Manage my booking is not working for flights from the Netherlands.

How can I reserve my seat??

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by Sebas21
Is it possible to make a seat selection for my flight Amsterdam - Kuala Lumpur in economy class. I know I have to pay a fee for this. Manage my booking is not working for flights from the Netherlands.

Thanks!
As the rules has changed for their alignment into oneworld im not very sure about rules anymore. But a quick call to your local MAS office if they have one in Netherlands or a call to the Malaysia where they can help you.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 3:09 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others

Thanks!
You can use manage my booking als for flights from the Netherlands. I just checked for our flight, and I am able to change seats if I wanted. I fly on Malaysian metal, maybe it's different when you fly on the KLM-codeshare?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Brobbel
You can use manage my booking als for flights from the Netherlands. I just checked for our flight, and I am able to change seats if I wanted. I fly on Malaysian metal, maybe it's different when you fly on the KLM-codeshare?
It does not work, I see only a white screen when I log in on manage my booking. On the site I found...

Manage My Booking is applicable for online bookings only.
Manage My Booking is valid for journeys starting from Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, India, Sri Lanka, Maldives and Taiwan only. For example: Kuala Lumpur–London–Kuala Lumpur (applicable), London–Kuala Lumpur–London (not applicable)
If the original fare paid is not available, the booking may be subject to an upgrade fee to the subsequent fare level.
Any changes to your booking are subject to the fare rules and conditions of your original and replacement flight.
Name change and flight cancellation are not allowed. Please contact our call centre or ticketing offices if you have these requirements.

So, how can I make a seat reservation?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:27 am

It does not work, I see only a white screen when I log in on manage my booking. On the site I found...

Manage My Booking is valid for journeys starting from Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, India, Sri Lanka, Maldives and Taiwan only. For example: Kuala Lumpur–London–Kuala Lumpur (applicable), London–Kuala Lumpur–London (not applicable)
If the original fare paid is not available, the booking may be subject to an upgrade fee to the subsequent fare level.
Any changes to your booking are subject to the fare rules and conditions of your original and replacement flight.
Name change and flight cancellation are not allowed. Please contact our call centre or ticketing offices if you have these requirements.

I've always managed to manage my booking online. My itinerary is London-Kuala Lumpur-London. I've also as Brobbel mentioned change my seats. However, it is limited as I am unable to change my flight booking or upgrade the ticket online unlike if my starting destination is from Kuala Lumpur.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum

Just call the MH office in Amsterdam. You can then pay with a CC, I assume.

Code:
SERVICE DESK

Address
SERVICE DESK
Malaysia Airlines Customer Service Centre
Departure Hall, Terminal 3
Schiphol
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Business Hours
Mon – Sun & Public Holidays: 0900 – 1130 hrs

OFFICE

Address
OFFICE
Malaysia Airlines
World Trade Centre
Tower D / 9th. Floor
Schiphol Boulevard 155
1118 BG Schiphol
Amsterdam,The Netherlands

Business Hours
Mon – Fri: 0900 - 1700 hrs
Sat/Sun & Public Holidays: Closed

Fax
+ 31 20 5216 251

General
+ 31 20 5216 250
Old Feb 4, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Just ring them. It is much easier. Make sure you know where you want to sit and have alternatives if the seat you want is not available. Flight bookings originating from Australia don't have pre-flight seat selection, which means you can't even pay for it if you want to, so I just ring them up and get my seat selection (for free).
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:30 am

Seats

I am currently trying to book flights with Malaysian. They are saying that on domestic flights only can we pre-select a seat, for a fee. This is what the web site says too, but does anyone have a different experience?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 8:01 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Traveladdict69
I am currently trying to book flights with Malaysian. They are saying that on domestic flights only can we pre-select a seat, for a fee. This is what the web site says too, but does anyone have a different experience?
Pre-selection of seats on domestic flights can be done for a small fee. Seat selection on international flights will depend on your point of origin.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.