International arrival connecting with air asia sin-kul

Old Mar 3, 11, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

International arrival connecting with air asia sin-kul

Hi will be arriving from mel into spore and ment to catch connecting to kul on air asia. Is there a different airport in sin to catch the connecting (like lcct in kul).

Will there be a problem checking luggage straight thru from mel to kul
Old Mar 4, 11, 5:51 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
AirAsia is strictly a point-to-point carrier, meaning that they do not offer baggage transfer service for connecting flights. They operate out of the SIN Budget Terminal.
Old Mar 4, 11, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by toyotaboy95 View Post
AirAsia is strictly a point-to-point carrier, meaning that they do not offer baggage transfer service for connecting flights. They operate out of the SIN Budget Terminal.
Your info is incorrect. Air Asia X do offer FLY-THRUS on some routes. Unfortunately MEL-SIN is not one of them as yet. All FLY THRU options are on their site.
Old Mar 4, 11, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Originally Posted by mistado View Post
Hi will be arriving from mel into spore and ment to catch connecting to kul on air asia. Is there a different airport in sin to catch the connecting (like lcct in kul).

You cannot thru-check the luggage. it only works if you are flying Air Asia X which I assume you are not as you are flying MEL-SIN, a route the D7 does not fly. In SIN, Air Asia flies from the same terminal as QF (T1).
Old Mar 4, 11, 6:37 pm
Ambassador, China

Programs: TG, OZ, UA, AA

In the future when posting questions of this nature about connections, it is essential to identify your incoming airline as well as your outbound. It can greatly affect the answer and keep responders from making non-relevant assumptions.
Old Mar 4, 11, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Aborn View Post
Your info is incorrect. Air Asia X do offer FLY-THRUS on some routes. Unfortunately MEL-SIN is not one of them as yet. All FLY THRU options are on their site.
I mentioned AirAsia (the regional airline), not its long-haul wing - AirAsia X.
Old Mar 5, 11, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info, sorry about the lack of clarity; n i am flying on Jetstar from mel-sin so the question is if i can check my luggage thru from Mel straight thru..but sound like its a no go.

I guess it would mean rechecking my luggage in SIN ...just wanted to clarify is this still in the same airport that i would land or a totally different one.

Last edited by mistado; Mar 5, 11 at 12:50 am
Old Mar 5, 11, 2:22 am

Programs: UA plat, spg plat, aa plat, marriott plat
There is a lcct at sin but air Asia leaves from the regular part of the ap. It is located in terminal one and there are trains and walkways that u can take if your flight arrives at a different terminal.
Old Mar 5, 11, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks... so the final word on the luggage is it will need to be rechecked in right ?
Old Mar 5, 11, 8:02 am
Ambassador, China

Programs: TG, OZ, UA, AA
Thanks... so the final word on the luggage is it will need to be rechecked in right ?
Right, must recheck. Final word.
Old Mar 6, 11, 7:42 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by jiejie View Post
Right, must recheck. Final word.
Air Asia departs from the same terminal as Jet Star. So you just have to claim your baggage at the SIN arrival, go upstairs to the departure hall and check in at Air Asia counter for baggage and boarding pass.

Remember to Prepay your baggage according to its weight at airasia.com, otherwise you will have to pay very high amount for your baggage. And Air Asia and JetStar have very strict checkin time cut-off, so make sure you have ample time between flights.
Old Mar 7, 11, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by asiadxer View Post
Air Asia departs from the same terminal as Jet Star. So you just have to claim your baggage at the SIN arrival, go upstairs to the departure hall and check in at Air Asia counter for baggage and boarding pass.

Remember to Prepay your baggage according to its weight at airasia.com, otherwise you will have to pay very high amount for your baggage. And Air Asia and JetStar have very strict checkin time cut-off, so make sure you have ample time between flights.
Hmm, yes it appears AirAsia and Jetstar both depart and arrive out of Terminal 1. I seem to have confused AirAsia to be using the Budget Terminal along with Tiger Airways and some of the other LCCs.
Old Mar 7, 11, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by toyotaboy95 View Post
I mentioned AirAsia (the regional airline), not its long-haul wing - AirAsia X.
Fly-Thru is available on flights from London Stansted to Perth, Melbourne and Christchurch, and Air Asia has also added the service to its short-haul network on London flights connecting in KL to Bangkok, Bali and Singapore. The carrier says that it intends to further roll out the service throughout 2011.
For more information visit airasia.com.

Report by Mark Caswell ....Check out Businesstraveller.com

Search this Thread