Old May 13, 2014, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
This is the status of the fleet as far as I can tell, as of 31MAR15 based on http://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/flying-with-us/fleet and http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/SriLankan-Airlines.
Please update this wikipost if you have new/better information.

Total longhaul fleet: 67% chance of horizontal flat beds (for all J seats) - 10 aircraft of 15

• 342 - 50% chance of horizontal flat beds (for all J seats)
    • (AUTH-314): old recliner seats (avoid) - 3 aircraft
    • (AUTH-299): horizontal flat beds - 2 aircraft
    • (AUTH-243): 8 J-horizontal flat beds (rows 1-2) + 30 old recliner seats (rows 11-17) (avoid) - 1 aircraft
  • 333 - 100% chance of horizontal flat beds
    • (AUTH-297): horizontal flat beds, reverse herringbone (100% aisle access) - 7 aircraft
      • 4R-ALL
      • 4R-ALM
      • 4R-ALN
      • 4R-ALO
      • 4R-ALP
      • 4R-ALQ
      • 4R-ALR
  • 332 - 71% chance of horizontal flat beds
    • (AUTH-269): horizontal flat beds - 3 aircraft
    • (AUTH-287): old recliner seats (avoid) - 1 aircraft
    • (AUTH-254): old recliner seats (avoid) - 1 aircraft
    • (AUTH-270): horizontal flat beds - 1 aircraft
    • (AUTH-274): horizontal flat beds - 1 aircraft

Apparently the horizontal flat beds aircraft are not dedicated to any routes (including LHR) and, of course, last minute substitutions can always happen.

Future plans for 100% horizontal flat beds
The 333s on order are slated to replace the 342s, which will not be upgraded. It is unclear as to what are the plans for the 29% of the 332 fleet that have the old recliner seats, and therefore whether UL will ever guarantee a horizontal flat bed with your business class purchase.
Print Wikipost

Sri Lankan Airline New Business Class Seats

Old Mar 19, 2022, 9:54 am

Can anyone please confirm if the SriLankan A330-300 has a bassinet seat in the business class? I can't find it noted on any seat map I check.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.