Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air China e-ticket [how do I know I have one, not just an itinerary?]

Air China e-ticket [how do I know I have one, not just an itinerary?]

Old Feb 11, 11, 10:14 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 13
Air China e-ticket [how do I know I have one, not just an itinerary?]

This is probably a very silly question but I need to ask it.

What does an Air China e-ticket look like?

I've received a Travel Itinerary/Receipt with a ticket number on and all my details - is this my e-ticket.

Sorry if this appears to be a silly question but all e-tickets I've received in the past have had e-ticket printed somewhere on it.

Thanks for your help.
snarf is offline  
Old Feb 11, 11, 2:53 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ORD
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 1,084
Originally Posted by snarf View Post
This is probably a very silly question but I need to ask it.

What does an Air China e-ticket look like?

I've received a Travel Itinerary/Receipt with a ticket number on and all my details - is this my e-ticket.

Sorry if this appears to be a silly question but all e-tickets I've received in the past have had e-ticket printed somewhere on it.

Thanks for your help.
I've only booked them through a local Chinese online travel agent, but, IME they're not any different than booking an eTicket here in the US. You have to wait until you get to the airport to get a seat assignment, at checkin, though.

I'm not sure I follow your question completely. Are you suggesting that you received an eTicket in the mail? If so I think you have paper tickets. You'll need to present those at checkin and boarding if so.
bdesmond is offline  
Old Feb 11, 11, 4:46 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 13
I'm sorry I didn't make my point clearly.

I have booked my flight and reserved my seat and received a confirmation via email. The email I received had as its subject "Air China Itinerary Email" and the heading at the top of the email is "Travel/Itinerary Receipt". The main body of the email lists my details, flight details and a ticket number.

Most of my experience of e-tickets is with Emirates who always send it as an attachment labelled e-ticket - I'm assuming that what Air China have sent me is my e-ticket but was just looking to clarify.

Many thanks.
snarf is offline  
Old Feb 11, 11, 5:09 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ORD
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 1,084
Originally Posted by snarf View Post
I'm sorry I didn't make my point clearly.

I have booked my flight and reserved my seat and received a confirmation via email. The email I received had as its subject "Air China Itinerary Email" and the heading at the top of the email is "Travel/Itinerary Receipt". The main body of the email lists my details, flight details and a ticket number.

Most of my experience of e-tickets is with Emirates who always send it as an attachment labelled e-ticket - I'm assuming that what Air China have sent me is my e-ticket but was just looking to clarify.

Many thanks.
Ah that's specific to Emirates. What you've described sounds like everything you need.
bdesmond is offline  
Old Feb 11, 11, 6:03 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: BOS/PVD, LIM, PTY
Programs: US CP, DL PM, UA Silver, HU/TJ Air Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat (Yay!)
Posts: 2,694
You should be all set. The ticket number is your e-ticket.

Surprised you have a seat assignment - must be because you booked from an international site....I'm always getting to the airport early to avoid getting stuck in a middle seat
benzemalyonnais is offline  
Old Feb 11, 11, 10:19 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: PMD
Programs: UA*G, NW, AA. WR, HH, IHG, Accor. TT-GE.
Posts: 2,150
If you see a 13-digit number starting with "999", that's an Air china e-ticket.
HkCaGu is offline  
Old Feb 12, 11, 11:47 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
2020 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DEN
Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Posts: 17,213
Etickets are 100% virtual. In the US we simply get an itinerary emailed to us, but no actual ticket.

Just keep your ticket number & PNR # handy in case they can't find it. I've never had a problem with airlines not finding my reservation. In the US I have...
mnredfox is offline  
Old Feb 12, 11, 5:23 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 13
Thanks for the assistance folks - much appreciated.
snarf is offline  
Old Feb 16, 11, 5:22 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TX
Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Executive, Marriott Gold, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Posts: 56
I just bought an Air China ticket through the AMEX website; it didn’t have seat assignments listed, but I called the Air China’s US support at 1-800-882-8122 and gave them the ticket number that started with 999 and they were able to give me seat assignments 3 months out from my departure date. She also said to just use the printed itinerary from AMEX for any documentation for the airport.
FinalF137 is offline  
Old Feb 16, 11, 9:48 pm
  #10  
Ambassador, China
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beijing
Programs: TG, OZ, UA, AA
Posts: 6,629
Originally Posted by FinalF137 View Post
I just bought an Air China ticket through the AMEX website; it didn’t have seat assignments listed, but I called the Air China’s US support at 1-800-882-8122 and gave them the ticket number that started with 999 and they were able to give me seat assignments 3 months out from my departure date. She also said to just use the printed itinerary from AMEX for any documentation for the airport.
Yes this is correct. Printed itinerary with the 999 ticket number on it and your passport is all you need to check in.
jiejie is offline  
Old Aug 12, 13, 10:58 am
  #11  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 61,977
Moved to the appropriate airline forum.

JDiver
senior moderator
JDiver is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: