FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   Air China e-ticket [how do I know I have one, not just an itinerary?] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1182901-air-china-e-ticket-how-do-i-know-i-have-one-not-just-itinerary.html)

snarf Feb 11, 2011 9:14 am

Air China e-ticket [how do I know I have one, not just an itinerary?]

This is probably a very silly question but I need to ask it.

What does an Air China e-ticket look like?

I've received a Travel Itinerary/Receipt with a ticket number on and all my details - is this my e-ticket.

Sorry if this appears to be a silly question but all e-tickets I've received in the past have had e-ticket printed somewhere on it.

Thanks for your help.

bdesmond Feb 11, 2011 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by snarf (Post 15845175)
This is probably a very silly question but I need to ask it.

What does an Air China e-ticket look like?

I've received a Travel Itinerary/Receipt with a ticket number on and all my details - is this my e-ticket.

Sorry if this appears to be a silly question but all e-tickets I've received in the past have had e-ticket printed somewhere on it.

Thanks for your help.

I've only booked them through a local Chinese online travel agent, but, IME they're not any different than booking an eTicket here in the US. You have to wait until you get to the airport to get a seat assignment, at checkin, though.

I'm not sure I follow your question completely. Are you suggesting that you received an eTicket in the mail? If so I think you have paper tickets. You'll need to present those at checkin and boarding if so.

snarf Feb 11, 2011 3:46 pm

I'm sorry I didn't make my point clearly.

I have booked my flight and reserved my seat and received a confirmation via email. The email I received had as its subject "Air China Itinerary Email" and the heading at the top of the email is "Travel/Itinerary Receipt". The main body of the email lists my details, flight details and a ticket number.

Most of my experience of e-tickets is with Emirates who always send it as an attachment labelled e-ticket - I'm assuming that what Air China have sent me is my e-ticket but was just looking to clarify.

Many thanks.

bdesmond Feb 11, 2011 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by snarf (Post 15847672)
I'm sorry I didn't make my point clearly.

I have booked my flight and reserved my seat and received a confirmation via email. The email I received had as its subject "Air China Itinerary Email" and the heading at the top of the email is "Travel/Itinerary Receipt". The main body of the email lists my details, flight details and a ticket number.

Most of my experience of e-tickets is with Emirates who always send it as an attachment labelled e-ticket - I'm assuming that what Air China have sent me is my e-ticket but was just looking to clarify.

Many thanks.

Ah that's specific to Emirates. What you've described sounds like everything you need.

benzemalyonnais Feb 11, 2011 5:03 pm

You should be all set. The ticket number is your e-ticket.

Surprised you have a seat assignment - must be because you booked from an international site....I'm always getting to the airport early to avoid getting stuck in a middle seat

HkCaGu Feb 11, 2011 9:19 pm

If you see a 13-digit number starting with "999", that's an Air china e-ticket.

mnredfox Feb 12, 2011 10:47 am

Etickets are 100% virtual. In the US we simply get an itinerary emailed to us, but no actual ticket.

Just keep your ticket number & PNR # handy in case they can't find it. I've never had a problem with airlines not finding my reservation. In the US I have...

snarf Feb 12, 2011 4:23 pm

Thanks for the assistance folks - much appreciated.

FinalF137 Feb 16, 2011 4:22 pm

I just bought an Air China ticket through the AMEX website; it didn’t have seat assignments listed, but I called the Air China’s US support at 1-800-882-8122 and gave them the ticket number that started with 999 and they were able to give me seat assignments 3 months out from my departure date. She also said to just use the printed itinerary from AMEX for any documentation for the airport.

jiejie Feb 16, 2011 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by FinalF137 (Post 15878126)
I just bought an Air China ticket through the AMEX website; it didn’t have seat assignments listed, but I called the Air China’s US support at 1-800-882-8122 and gave them the ticket number that started with 999 and they were able to give me seat assignments 3 months out from my departure date. She also said to just use the printed itinerary from AMEX for any documentation for the airport.

Yes this is correct. Printed itinerary with the 999 ticket number on it and your passport is all you need to check in.

JDiver Aug 12, 2013 9:58 am

Moved to the appropriate airline forum.

JDiver
senior moderator