Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access during technical landing

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2011, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
Lounge access during technical landing

Apologies if this should be posted in another forum but since this is a China Airlines flight I thought IŽd post here.

My wife is taking China Airlines Amsterdam-Taipei, including a technical landing in Bangkok.

She doesnŽt have any status but has both a Priority Pass and a Diners Club card.

Does anyone know if youŽll be let into the lounge during a technical landing. I donŽt what the boarding pass will show, hence my question.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 29, 2011, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Do they even de-plane during the tech stop? With 1:45 on the ground they might but they also might not.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Priority Pass lounges won't care. If they can swipe her card, they get their cash. So if she can get to the lounge, she should be OK.

EVA have a similar stops between TPE and AMS. I use EVA's lounge during their stop between TPE and LHR (against my gold card). Before I had status with EVA, I used PP. Not much time though.

Given the layout of BKK, she will practically go past the Louis Tavern lounge anyway - it's kinda central and takes PP. (Perhaps others do to.)

Different story if she has to stay on the plane, though.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Everyone de-planes and passengers heading to Taipei will get a Transfer card.

You can go ahead and use your PP card in lounges that accept them in Bangkok.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
Thank you all for your answers!

Last edited by micke100; Jan 30, 2011 at 4:29 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.