Wiki Posts
Search

Weird Itinerary Change in Expedia for LAX to MNL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer Silver
Question Weird Itinerary Change in Expedia for LAX to MNL

So the following two images are the same ticket, expedia updated my itinerary and changed Guam to Honolulu which is fine considering its only a tech stop.
But look at the arrival date, unless Im going crazy, im arriving a whole day earlier :P

???
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:24 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
+2 day LAX-GUM arrive MNL same day as GUM = +2 days LAX-MNL
+1 day to HNL and ANOTHER +1 day to MNL = +2 days LAX-MNL

HNL is on this side of the date line, GUM is on the other side of the date line same as MNL.

PR apparently switched from GUM to HNL for it's fuel stop as of Jan 2. I'm on PR103 in a few days and not happy about stopping in HNL instead of GUM because I think it will interfere with my slumber. But the arrival time in MNL only changed 5 minutes. Same day as before.

Last edited by Mabuk dan gila; Jan 24, 2011 at 11:29 pm
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
You originally were scheduled to arrive on Saturday, March 12, at 6:15 a.m., having already crossed the International Date Line by the time you arrived in GUM for the tech stop.

With your new itinerary, you will still arrive on Saturday, March 12, albeit five minutes earlier, at 6:10 a.m., crossing the International Date Line after the tech stop at HNL. Ergo, the 1:35 a.m. Friday, March 11 departure from HNL with a MNL arrival +1.

As Mabuk dan gila notes, +2 is the same as +1 plus +1.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
As Mabuk dan gila notes, +2 is the same as +1 plus +1.
Yes, 1+1=2
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer Silver
Right, for some reason i assumed March 11 was the arrival date, feel stupid :P
Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:16 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by georgy11
Right, for some reason i assumed March 11 was the arrival date, feel stupid :P
Don't worry, coming back you get that extra day back when you take off at 10:00PM, fly 12 1/2 hours, and land at 6:30PM the same day you left. 3 1/2 hours BEFORE you left

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.