Wiki Posts
Search

KUL-DEL on MH 738s

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF,UA,VA
KUL-DEL on MH 738s

Gday, just want to know if the KUL-DEL-KUL flights operated by MH 737-800 a/c have any weight restrictions or make the flight with full load both ways?? I was reading on a similar flight time route, SYD-DPS on DJ 737-800, which I heard are restricted to about 120 passengers each way, flight time of 6h25m, the KUL-DEL sector is 5h55m. It would be pretty cramped sitting in a 737 for a 6h flight, can anyone shed some @:-) on this??
Old Nov 21, 2010, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by flyinsikh
Gday, just want to know if the KUL-DEL-KUL flights operated by MH 737-800 a/c have any weight restrictions or make the flight with full load both ways?? I was reading on a similar flight time route, SYD-DPS on DJ 737-800, which I heard are restricted to about 120 passengers each way, flight time of 6h25m, the KUL-DEL sector is 5h55m. It would be pretty cramped sitting in a 737 for a 6h flight, can anyone shed some @:-) on this??
I've flown 7 hours on an A319 in economy (on QR) and that's fine. So a 6 hour flight on a new 737-800 would be quite pleasant.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 8:07 pm

Programs: asia miles
Flew KUL-MLE-KUL on MH 737-800 and it was not a very enjoyable flight. Leg room is really poor. I have to say beside the free meal, I really did not see any difference in term of confort between flying Mh 737-800 and AirAsia A320
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF,UA,VA
thanks for the info, do you think its worthwhile booking for the bulkhead seats on the 737?? I haven't seen the seat plan for the MH 738s, its only the 737-400 series online..

Cheers
Old Nov 24, 2010, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by flyinsikh
thanks for the info, do you think its worthwhile booking for the bulkhead seats on the 737?? I haven't seen the seat plan for the MH 738s, its only the 737-400 series online..

Cheers
Well I flew Jet Airways on a 737-800 from Sin to Del - flight time was about 6hrs. The flight was totally full in all classes - none of this 'weight restriction' (wish there had been!!). It was a crowded and not very enjoyable experience.

Rather than the bulkhead try and get an emergency exit seat - but try and go for the second row of the exit if you can - some airlines (not sure about MH) restrict the recline of the first exit row so that it doesn't impede an emergency evac.

Maybe the DJ flight SYD-DPS is limited in case it has strong headwinds or something and flies over the sea?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.