FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   MH Low Fares STPC Accommodation? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1147411-mh-low-fares-stpc-accommodation.html)

flyinsikh Nov 13, 2010 3:19 am

MH Low Fares STPC Accommodation?

Hi all, just a general question can't find it on MH's website anyone know if MHlow fare's qualify for STPC accommodation if there is no connecting flight within 6 hours??

Cheers!

Guy Betsy Nov 13, 2010 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by flyinsikh (Post 15131658)
Hi all, just a general question can't find it on MH's website anyone know if MHlow fare's qualify for STPC accommodation if there is no connecting flight within 6 hours??

Cheers!

Is it overnight?

Otherwise I doubt that there is any accomodation given - 6 hours is really nothing.

Try the transit hotel if all else fails. Give MH a call.

flyinsikh Nov 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 15135339)
Is it overnight?

Otherwise I doubt that there is any accomodation given - 6 hours is really nothing.

Try the transit hotel if all else fails. Give MH a call.

Hey, I am looking at MH140 which get's into KUL at 0320 and the next connecting flight to DEL is 1640, as the 0840 MH172 is booked out for the date's i'm considering. Might give MH a buzz and find out if the Low fare's are elgible.

Cheers

Guy Betsy Nov 15, 2010 3:39 am

Originally Posted by flyinsikh (Post 15135686)
Hey, I am looking at MH140 which get's into KUL at 0320 and the next connecting flight to DEL is 1640, as the 0840 MH172 is booked out for the date's i'm considering. Might give MH a buzz and find out if the Low fare's are elgible.

Cheers

That might be a problem cos there is a flight earlier than the one you are currently booked on. You say that the flight is booked out? Or do you mean booked out in the lowest fare class? If a higher fare class is available and you didn't take it, then MH might refuse the STPC cos you chose the later flight.

Generally I think an overnight is given only when there is no earlier flight.

flyinsikh Nov 15, 2010 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 15142642)
That might be a problem cos there is a flight earlier than the one you are currently booked on. You say that the flight is booked out? Or do you mean booked out in the lowest fare class? If a higher fare class is available and you didn't take it, then MH might refuse the STPC cos you chose the later flight.

Generally I think an overnight is given only when there is no earlier flight.

Thanks for the info Betsy. Now the last time I flew MH was in 2005, haven't flown them since does their B744/A333 fleet been upgraded to anything on par with AVOD? and what about the new 738 series?? is the 737-800 relatively comfy for about 6 hour flight? I've never flown long haul in a 737 before, hopefully it's their signature a/c the interior looks gr8, can't say about the seating looks quite claustrophobic as compared with the A333s they use to DEL.

Cheers

Guy Betsy Nov 16, 2010 7:24 am

Haven't flown their new 737. So don't know really.

xt_20 Nov 16, 2010 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by flyinsikh (Post 15149755)
Thanks for the info Betsy. Now the last time I flew MH was in 2005, haven't flown them since does their B744/A333 fleet been upgraded to anything on par with AVOD? and what about the new 738 series?? is the 737-800 relatively comfy for about 6 hour flight? I've never flown long haul in a 737 before, hopefully it's their signature a/c the interior looks gr8, can't say about the seating looks quite claustrophobic as compared with the A333s they use to DEL.

Cheers

Their B772s and B744s do have AVOD, screen size similar to SQ's B772s.

Don't know about their B738s, but it does look good.

Agreed about their A333s -- good thing they are replacing them though it will take a couple more years.

flyinsikh Nov 17, 2010 3:52 am

thanks for the info... any info on their inflight service?? as been hearing from ppl who've traveled on MH are stating their inflight service has declined over the recent time, i.e. the cost cutting has hit inflight meals etc??? been checking airlinequality, mixed bag of reviews.. They used to be up there with the likes of SQ in early 2000s, will have to review it now.