PR MNL-CEB-MNL, what to expect?

Old Sep 2, 2010, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
PR MNL-CEB-MNL, what to expect?

Hello all,

I am scheduled to fly MNL-CEB return next month on PR, 744 outbound and 333 inbound, both in Y.
I have a few questions:

1) Do they offer paid u/g's to C at check-in and if so, how much?
2) What should I expect?
3) I have a long (8-hour) layover between my arrival in MNL and my flight to CEB, is there an airport hotel with day rates? or can one access the PR lounge for a fee?

Thanks

UTA
Old Sep 2, 2010, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Flew the route on PR in business class back in March, trip reports below.

Manila - Cebu
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...e-fat-duck-re/

Cebu-Manila
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...rant%e2%80%9d/
Old Sep 2, 2010, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Many thanks for that, it so happens that is the hotel we'll be staying at! Great TR

UTA
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
1. Yes, but I don't know the process.
2. The 744s sent to CEB are all refurbished. Likewise, consider yourself lucky if your aircraft is changed to one of PAL's new 77Ws, especially with all the repositioning happening as a result of PAL's A320 pilot shortage (all flights to CEB now are flown on widebodies, as far as I know).
3. The PR lounge is accessible only to Mabuhay Miles Elite members. There are several hotels though in the area, and eight hours in the morning is more than enough time to explore Manila.

These TRs, though they are in Y, might help, especially the last one since it might help you as to where in Cebu you'd like to go:

*Outbound (A333): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...eb-mnl-pr.html
*Inbound (B744): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...rly-6k-pr.html

Enjoy your visit to the Philippines and mabuhay!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:03 pm
formerly jasperjugan

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
from which airline are you coming to Manila before the layover? we need to factor in terminal transfers
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:44 am
Original Poster

@Akiestar - many thanks.

We're coming in on KL so I assume T1.

UTA
Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:26 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by UTA_flyinghigh
@Akiestar - many thanks.

We're coming in on KL so I assume T1.

UTA
That's correct.

Anyway, there's an inter-terminal shuttle bus just outside of arrivals. I don't know if they shuttle people to Terminal 2, but they definitely shuttle people to Terminal 3.

On the other hand, Terminals 1 and 2 are around a ten minute walk away on the access road connecting them and the cargo terminal. Public buses ply this route, but only from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 (not vice-versa).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.