Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Star - Went to wrong airport, missed flight....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2010, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Jet Star - Went to wrong airport, missed flight....

Went to KUL LCCT instead of KUL for our SIN flight tonight......should I even try to go back in the morning and standby, pay up to the next departure or cut my lose now and rebook with another carrier? Air Asia has cheaper fare leaving tomorow, but we are within 24 hours from deparure so can't book on line and will hit to the airport at 3am and try their counter. I guess I am S.O.L. when this happen......

Made it back to our KUL hotel where we stayed and they are fully booked tonight, kids are sleeping in the hotel lobby.... It is now passed midnight so unable to book/check other hotel's availability. I think this experience will put hair on kids' chests.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:50 am

Ouch! .... happens!

If I were you, would have taken a bus/train/cab to KL City, and then on to Bukit Jalil, parking lot F. Loads of buses going to SIN round the clock. Air conditioned, J Class seat types, just for what? MYR 35 (USD 12 something) per seat, and 5.30 hours later, lo and behold, you are in heart of SIN.

My two cents! Hope you act now.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 1:58 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
If you want a somewhat slower though perhaps easier experience, you can take a train down to Singapore. KTM currently (though this will change by next year as trains will terminate at Woodlands, then no longer terminate in Singapore altogether) has three trains daily between KL Sentral and Tanjong Pagar in Singapore, with a journey time of around 7-8 hours.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
We were told we are too late (23:30) for the bus out of Bukit Jalil so we didn't try that. While in Central, the last KTM train left at 22:30 and all 3 trains are fully booked the next day. KTM agent suggested to check again in the morning, just in case another coach is added.....didn't want to take that chance, we went back to the airport at 4am and bought 4 seats on Air Asia back to SIN.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 3:34 am

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
Very sorry to hear about your experience .... but I would like to congratulate you on your attitude , it is very refreshing to see someone accept their own mistake and move on rather than looking for someone else to blame it on. ^
Old Jul 25, 2010, 5:12 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by kiwiandrew
Very sorry to hear about your experience .... but I would like to congratulate you on your attitude , it is very refreshing to see someone accept their own mistake and move on rather than looking for someone else to blame it on. ^
Yes. Agreed. Very good attitude indeed.^
Old Jul 25, 2010, 5:32 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Akiestar
If you want a somewhat slower though perhaps easier experience, you can take a train down to Singapore. KTM currently (though this will change by next year as trains will terminate at Woodlands, then no longer terminate in Singapore altogether) has three trains daily between KL Sentral and Tanjong Pagar in Singapore, with a journey time of around 7-8 hours.
Woodlands is still in Singapore, just on the north siden of the island and not in the south like Tanjong Pagar.
S
Old Jul 25, 2010, 8:09 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
Woodlands is still in Singapore, just on the north siden of the island and not in the south like Tanjong Pagar.
S
I know that. xP

But I've noticed that the WTCP is not well-served by Singaporean public transportation.

Last edited by Akiestar; Jul 25, 2010 at 8:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.