Search

Air China seat allocation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UL, TG
Air China seat allocation

Hi,
I have a business class flight from LHR-PEK-MNL.
The aircraft on the flights are A359 and B738 and the front row blocked off.

I would like to ask fro those in the know when the front row seats become available to allocate. Is It for online check In or would it be airport allocation only.

If that's the case, when I check in at Heathrow will front row seats on the PEK-MNL sector be selectable or in PEK airport only?
many thanks in advance for any help and assistance.

Narry.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:44 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Only at the airport check-in.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:30 pm
Suspended

If you are star alliance Gold or Air China elite members, you can call Air China hotline to reserve the seats. Sometimes it is successful and sometimes it is not.

At the airport is not always the best bet. Air China elite members get assigned front rows quite often before airport opens check-in.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UL, TG
Thanks for the replies.

Any idea whether that means on a LHR-PEK-MNL the PEK-MNL sector will only be possible if available in front row to allocate the front row in PEK or is that possible during check in at LHR?

Unfortunately I don't have any status with star, only one world.

Thanks in advance.
Narry.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: A3 *G
When I travelled Shenzhen, *G's also had access to the front rows of Y (which was a big plus as the front 6 rows were empty when the rest of Y was full).

Does anyone know if Air China do the same?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Narongsuk

Any idea whether that means on a LHR-PEK-MNL the PEK-MNL sector will only be possible if available in front row to allocate the front row in PEK or is that possible during check in at LHR?

Unfortunately I don't have any status with star, only one world..
Yes can be done at LHR check-in but if you have no status it is unlikely. I did TPE-PEK-CPH with CA last month and the check-in agent at TPE had to call supervisor to get clearance to put me in front row seats - she could do it because I'm TK Gold.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by eshroom
When I travelled Shenzhen, *G's also had access to the front rows of Y (which was a big plus as the front 6 rows were empty when the rest of Y was full).

Does anyone know if Air China do the same?
CA do the same. For my recent TPE-PEK flight (A321) the first rows in Y were blocked but could be assigned to CA elite and Star Alliance Gold at check-in (you have to ask for it). I had a row of 3 seats to myself - so did 3 other pax.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Good to know, thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2024, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Air China, Business Class seats can only be reserved if your booking is made directly with AC , Partner *A tickets, no allocation can be made prior to check in & there is no OLCI for non CA issued tickets, regardless of *A status & CA do not cooperate with other *A partners in this regard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.