Search

MH Great C class product on 777

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ silver, NH, TG
MH Great C class product on 777

Hi,

I have recently flown the MH C class product on their 777 (no F offered) and found it real good.

The seats go to the real horizontal position I especially enjoyed the footrest going right up !
The duvet is of good quality and generous size.

Meals are elaborate with real soups, satays and deserts.

The drink menu is also extensive with a great premier cru Bourgogne.

The lounge in KL is of very high quality as is the offering of drinks and food, better than anywhere I know. Spa services are available but not complimentary.

Cost of tickets ex-Japan are very competitive if you can book D class which requires issuing 5 days before flight at less than 280k yen for a NRT-KUL-NRT
You can make it for 180k yen for a E class ticket (actually an economy ticket which is guaranteed upgraded at airport)
Old Sep 30, 2009, 2:30 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue, SK Eurobonus, TG ROP, BA EC, QR Privilege Club, SQ Krisflyer
Very interested to read your comments about E class on MH.

I have a booking for LHR-KUL in October, which was sold to me as a business class ticket by a UK-based agent. It is in E class. Am I really holding a business class ticket or was the agent wrong to describe it as such?

Last edited by rhodeswood; Sep 30, 2009 at 2:31 am Reason: Clarification
Old Sep 30, 2009, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by rhodeswood

I have a booking for LHR-KUL in October, which was sold to me as a business class ticket by a UK-based agent. It is in E class. Am I really holding a business class ticket or was the agent wrong to describe it as such?
That would probably be the new Economy Plus class which is business class at economy prices. From what I know it is full economy price but you are seated in business class with all that comes with that.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 3:49 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum

I have been looking at these E fares as well, some good prices out of NZ to Europe. Travel agents are advertising them as business class but the Malaysian airlines website displays them as Economy Plus.

What then is the difference between this fare and a "proper" business class fare.... is there a catch? If its guaranteed business class why would you buy a higher fare for the same seat?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 7:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oranjemakker
What then is the difference between this fare and a "proper" business class fare.... is there a catch? If its guaranteed business class why would you buy a higher fare for the same seat?
For the same reason why some would buy a full C instead of discounted C; different mileage accrual, better flexibility etc and sometimes because the lower fare is not available.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

There is no 'fourth class' (economy plus) on the MH 777 hardware.
I don't know about their 747s
if you have a E booking you will be guaranteed a business class seat and product but your boarding pass will be economy class but I am not sure you will have access to the lounges. In any cases the baggage allowance is economy class at 20kg. The E fares are lower but more restrictive and availability can be a problem.
Out of Tokyo MH allows mix class ticket issuing lets say go E class come back J class if there is no availability in E on the return. Fare is a combination of both classes fares.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 5:23 pm

You may get a business class seat, but I'm not sure about priority check-in, boarding, or lounge use. I just tried a dummy booking and it specifically does not mention the above and you get a 25kg baggage allowance versus 30kg for business. The Biz fare description mentioned lounge usage and all the above. I wonder if you get a business class meal or just a Y class meal served in the J cabin?
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:06 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
The use of the term "economy plus" and issuing of economy BP's is actually a quite a clever way to sell business class seats to people who wouldn't be allowed to travel business class. I know some colleagues who recently flew to KL for a meeting, and as there was several of them travelling there was no way they could have travelled in "business" class (even though policy allowed it, policy tends to be overlooked when there is a group involved). The cost wasn't so much the factor as the perception. Of course economy - even economy plus - fares were acceptable
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:33 am
AHO

Originally Posted by JackR
Cost of tickets ex-Japan are very competitive if you can book D class which requires issuing 5 days before flight at less than 280k yen for a NRT-KUL-NRT
You can make it for 180k yen for a E class ticket (actually an economy ticket which is guaranteed upgraded at airport)
KIX(Osaka)-KUL-European MH Destinations r/t Biz discount ticket is even better.
It starts from 240,000 JPY + taxes.

or
KIX-KUL-(via JNB)-EZE(Buenos Aires) r/t Biz discount ticket costs 330,000 JPY + taxes.

FYI, 1,000 JPY is approx. 7.70 EUR/11.20 USD.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 10:09 am
UMD

Originally Posted by JackR
Hi,

I have recently flown the MH C class product on their 777 (no F offered) and found it real good.

The seats go to the real horizontal position I especially enjoyed the footrest going right up !
The duvet is of good quality and generous size.
Since when did MH upgrade its C class product to real horizontal flat bed? I thought all MH C seats were angled lie flat.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UMD
Since when did MH upgrade its C class product to real horizontal flat bed? I thought all MH C seats were angled lie flat.
It might not be 'real' horizontal but it is the nearest you can get to it especially the footrest lifts right up as opposed to most others I know of (NH, JL, TG, AF, SQ-old-, etc.)
Old Oct 2, 2009, 1:02 am

Programs: QF*WP QF*LTG
Gday all

A bit OT but does anyone know if it is possible to make/pay for on-departure upgrades on MH? And how much the cost is?

We are flying SYD-KUL-SYD in March 2010 MH140/MH123.

Thanks!
Thaigold
Old Oct 2, 2009, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by thaigold
Gday all

A bit OT but does anyone know if it is possible to make/pay for on-departure upgrades on MH? And how much the cost is?

We are flying SYD-KUL-SYD in March 2010 MH140/MH123.

Thanks!
Thaigold
Too early to tell and you're in SYD. So hard to judge cos its never advertised.

Why don't you hangout at SYD airport and find out?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

I'll be flying in C-class tomorrow, but the E-class option sounds really interssting ... need to check into this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.