FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Air Travel including Private & Non-Airline Aviation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-air-travel-including-private-non-airline-aviation-754/)
-   -   jumpjet semi-private jet service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-air-travel-including-private-non-airline-aviation/698375-jumpjet-semi-private-jet-service.html)

precision80 May 29, 2007 7:48 pm

jumpjet semi-private jet service

anybody know what the deal is with these guy, it looks like an outstanding deal?

www.jumpjet.com

trooper May 29, 2007 9:16 pm

Agreed... if it suits your travel...

"Silver" (base level) at $2000 per month.. allows you plus three! guests to fly 2 roundrtips per month.... up to 1800 miles per flight if I have read that correctly...

AND if you sign up by June 1.....

Any groups of 4 out there fly together regularly? This might work for you...:D

aviators99 Jun 16, 2007 8:54 am

Their website is "expired". To get any kind of deal you needed to pay 12 months in advance...scam??

krug Jun 16, 2007 9:19 am

Originally Posted by aviators99 (Post 7912037)
Their website is "expired". To get any kind of deal you needed to pay 12 months in advance...scam??

It looks like a great idea.....but unless I saw some commentary on it in the press, I would be VERY wary, particularly as there is no one individual named throughout the website (which is up and running again).

Phrases like:

We are currently seeking customer satisfaction representatives. If hired.....you will greet members when they arrive at the plane for a flight and smother them in a customer service atmosphere never before seen.

worry me. Too management speak, and not written by anyone with a genuine understanding of top notch customer interactions.

Perhaps the "smothering" exposes the real purposes - an elaborate scam to attract the moderately well off, do away with them inflight, and steal the takings for themselves.....:eek:

videomaker Jun 16, 2007 9:55 am

This is rather disconcerting, from their website:

"While Jumpjet upgrades its services, we will temporarily suspend new membership enrollment. This is only temporary. Check back for updates. Please call 1-800-FLY-JUMP for a customer care call back."

This sounds too good to be true, as some reviewers have said. Does anyone know if they are actually flying in any of their cities? I thought they were supposed to launch in one or more in late May. I'd be real interested in hearing any experiences if they are flying.

aviators99 Jun 16, 2007 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by krug (Post 7912105)
It looks like a great idea.....but unless I saw some commentary on it in the press, I would be VERY wary, particularly as there is no one individual named throughout the website (which is up and running again).

Phrases like:

We are currently seeking customer satisfaction representatives. If hired.....you will greet members when they arrive at the plane for a flight and smother them in a customer service atmosphere never before seen.

worry me. Too management speak, and not written by anyone with a genuine understanding of top notch customer interactions.

Perhaps the "smothering" exposes the real purposes - an elaborate scam to attract the moderately well off, do away with them inflight, and steal the takings for themselves.....:eek:

It did get a fair amount of press when it was announced, and by some major publications. I almost signed up during the promotional $1500/month deal.

It is certainly seems too good to be true. As a former aircraft owner, I can't see how they could break even unless people just paid and didn't use (which I can't see happening very often).

87155 Jun 19, 2007 6:12 am

i joined and no i didnt get a fligt however i did get as compensation for a cancled flight 4 tickets valued at 1650 each. i cancled the trip and have banked the value of the tickets for future travel. I am not sure is they actually do get back up and running however i have laid out 2K and I have 6K in airline credit, so for me i cant loose as they are not billing for july until hey get up and running.

precision80 Jun 19, 2007 11:55 am

i know someone who got to take his scheduled flight and said it was great. they had a capacity problem, they were overwhelmed with reservations and are reorganizing everything so that they can handle the increased capacity that they never thought they would have.

87155 Jun 19, 2007 5:37 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Did they have the flight to themselves or did they make a stop?

precision80 Jun 19, 2007 7:39 pm

he flew by himself with 3 guest passengers. the only way this company can be successful in the future is if they make stops and load up every flight with sharing members. still seems pretty good though.

87155 Jun 20, 2007 6:30 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

My questuon is if you make a stop and the member you are picking up is not there how long do yo think you have to wait?

Great concept however given their pricing model and the cost to charter I am not sure they will survive

87155 Sep 13, 2007 8:05 pm

does anyoone have any details on their restart?

Kagehitokiri Sep 13, 2007 8:23 pm

somewhat related, this is a reputable NY-LA operation i know of >
http://www.flyavion.com/

remyontheroad Sep 14, 2007 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 8400567)
somewhat related, this is a reputable NY-LA operation i know of >
http://www.flyavion.com/

I have to say that I'm pretty surprised if/that this business model works.

While I have no doubt that there are people willing to pay $7k+ each way, and am sure that there are people who wouldn't blink at a $20k membership fee for the privilege of doing it, I'd be pretty surprised if the 3 (and soon to be 4) flights a week can really satisfy anyone's needs.

Kagehitokiri Sep 14, 2007 7:36 am

for people who are out every week/few weeks..? those who travel a LOT can get better rates from full/fractional ownership.

the company has been around a fair length of time..