Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do YOU reserve a jet and why that way?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Question How do YOU reserve a jet and why that way?

Hi guys. I'm doing some tech research for a private aviation project we're working on. I'm curios how you, personally, go about reserving a jet. This applies to charters and to scheduling time if you're a fractional owner.

For example: Phone call to someone? Instant quote from a website? Phone app? Email? etc..

Which and why that way?

Thanks for weighing in.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:23 am

I use jetmembership.com for quotes and then call the operators to verify and book. It's a lot of legwork so I'm glad I don't do it very often. I wish more operators would use Docusign/Hellosign/etc. What I'd really like is to find a jet card at the right price that would cover me.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that info rocks; I hadn't heard of Jetmembership and docusign seems like it'd reduce work for both parties once set up by the operator. When you say a jet card that "covers me" is that your usage pattern or something else the typical card is doing for you?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:41 am

Usage pattern.

Last edited by flyertalkrocks; Sep 24, 2019 at 3:38 pm
Old Oct 24, 2019, 3:02 pm

I'm using jetmembership.com as well, was a little skeptical at first as I hadn't been referred.

I used the famous "trust, but verify" method and been very happy with them.

After receiving their quotes, I called the operators the first few trips I used that platform for and booked directly with them, but while waiting on owner approval 2x in a row on a trip for the next day and getting frustrated, I just have them do it for me. It's easier and their customer service is pretty good.

Prices still the lowest I've come across, and that's most important to me. I'm not seat sharing.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for weighing in. So they are able to expedite on short notice bookings or it’s just easier to let them wait it out and spare you the operator follow up?

Since you mentioned customer support, what are your expectations with a low cost service like them? What made them pretty good?

Thanks for your input!
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dgnyc
Thanks for weighing in. So they are able to expedite on short notice bookings or it’s just easier to let them wait it out and spare you the operator follow up?

Since you mentioned customer support, what are your expectations with a low cost service like them? What made them pretty good?

Thanks for your input!
This website has a lot of information about private jet cards and charter

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.com/
Old Jan 5, 2024, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by flyertalkrocks
I use jetmembership.com for quotes and then call the operators to verify and book. It's a lot of legwork so I'm glad I don't do it very often. I wish more operators would use Docusign/Hellosign/etc. What I'd really like is to find a jet card at the right price that would cover me.
Give me a PM if still in the market, I'd love to earn your business and show how I can help you in regards to private aviation/jet cards.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 8:33 am

The industry is very spread out. A lot of small, boutique brokers exist. Further, the big ones are always worth a shot but personally, I would go with a local brokerage that can relate to your usual departure airport. For mainland Europe, I am one of them.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 4:18 am

There are a lot of online tools to get an indication of a price of a charter flight.
just google "private jet charter calculator", serveral brokers/sites show up with a tool to receive instant pricing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.