Do you tip a crew for private jet flight?

Old Sep 2, 19, 6:54 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Do you tip a crew for private jet flight?

Flew private yesterday from Mexico to the States via XOJet. We have done it many time before as the guest of a wealthy friend, but this is the first time we have flown without the lead flyer husband of the couple who passed away last year. The question raised ( in the car after we landed) was should we have tipped the crew? Thanks.
Old Sep 2, 19, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by david55 View Post
Flew private yesterday from Mexico to the States via XOJet. We have done it many time before as the guest of a wealthy friend, but this is the first time we have flown without the lead flyer husband of the couple who passed away last year. The question raised ( in the car after we landed) was should we have tipped the crew? Thanks.
I used to fly with my then boss. His PA would tip when we had an FA which was on large jets but usually we were with customers and the FA was really working. On smaller jets we didn't have FAs and most of the time she wasn't onboard. I don't remember my boss tipping the pilot. We would tip the guys at the FBO who loaded and unloaded the luggage. Good question though.
Old Sep 3, 19, 3:04 am

For charter flights....I always tip the pilots + FA. Now that I am fractional, just the FA. Always tip the FBO team that helps with the bags.

Search this Thread