Private jet - on board welcome package

Old Jun 18, 19, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Question Private jet - on board welcome package

Hi all!

I have few questions for you and I would be really happy to know your opinions 😊.

Are you using private jets for your flights or are you considering it? Would you be pleased to have a welcome gift package on board the private jet with a kind message?

Has the airline/broker ever prepared „welcome package“ for you? What would you appreciate inside the package?

Thank you so much for your help!

Lenka
Old Jun 18, 19, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by lenkas View Post
Hi all!

I have few questions for you and I would be really happy to know your opinions 😊.

Are you using private jets for your flights or are you considering it? Would you be pleased to have a welcome gift package on board the private jet with a kind message?

Has the airline/broker ever prepared „welcome package“ for you? What would you appreciate inside the package?

Lenka
I've never had a "welcome package" on board a jet I chartered and I've been on many.

Come to think of it, on some larger jets like Global Express there were slippers/lotions etc. The same kind of trinkets you'd get with a first class ticket.
Old Jun 18, 19, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I feel the welcome on a private jet is handled by the crew. The cabin attendant(s) and flight crew tend to welcome the passengers according to their role (pilot makes a brief review of the flight plan. As the jets are smaller the attention is key. A welcome at the door, offer of drinks and relaying any cabin notes such as which seats turn into beds and lav location(s).

If a gift box was offered to me upon boarding I might find it odd or impersonal. Amenity kits similar to those given to premium passengers makes sense but can also be something found in the lav or handed out during service as they're not needed for all services . A departing gift could be a nice way to standout and make the memory go beyond just the flight.
Old Jun 18, 19, 10:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hi all!

Lenka
Consultant?
Old Jun 19, 19, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Consultant?
How do you mean it ?
Old Jun 19, 19, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EagenProperties View Post
I've never had a "welcome package" on board a jet I chartered and I've been on many.

Come to think of it, on some larger jets like Global Express there were slippers/lotions etc. The same kind of trinkets you'd get with a first class ticket.
That's interesting. Thank you for your experience .
Old Jun 19, 19, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212 View Post
I feel the welcome on a private jet is handled by the crew. The cabin attendant(s) and flight crew tend to welcome the passengers according to their role (pilot makes a brief review of the flight plan. As the jets are smaller the attention is key. A welcome at the door, offer of drinks and relaying any cabin notes such as which seats turn into beds and lav location(s).

If a gift box was offered to me upon boarding I might find it odd or impersonal. Amenity kits similar to those given to premium passengers makes sense but can also be something found in the lav or handed out during service as they're not needed for all services . A departing gift could be a nice way to standout and make the memory go beyond just the flight.
Thank you for your opinion! I see it similarly .
Old Jun 19, 19, 7:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How do you mean it ?
Are you asking for some project as part of your job or is this a student exercise?
Old Jun 19, 19, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Are you asking for some project as part of your job or is this a student exercise?
Both. I study aviation and work for charter broker in Europe. I try to think about things differently but sometimes it is hard to see through eyes of customer/passengers. I hope it is ok I asked for your opinions and ideas . I would appreciate to know your experience.
Old Jun 21, 19, 8:31 am

Both. I study aviation and work for charter broker in Europe. I try to think about things differently but sometimes it is hard to see through eyes of customer/passengers. I hope it is ok I asked for your opinions and ideas . I would appreciate to know your experience.
Happy to answer any questions you have. Hats & T-Shirts are always a hit with the kids too.
Old Jun 25, 19, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EagenProperties View Post
Happy to answer any questions you have. Hats & T-Shirts are always a hit with the kids too.
Thank you! It is easier to think about kids - hats, t-shirts, coloring books, toys...

Is there anything what would you like to get (as adult) as a small gift from the company? Thank you again :-).
Old Jun 25, 19, 2:42 pm

Thank you! It is easier to think about kids - hats, t-shirts, coloring books, toys...

Is there anything what would you like to get (as adult) as a small gift from the company? Thank you again :-).
The only thing that would make my flight more enjoyable is a lower price

As far as a gift you can give adults, i think a nicely packaged amenity kit like they give in 1st class would go a long way.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: