Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Other Air Travel including Private & Non-Airline Aviation
Reload this Page >

Blade Helicopter - JFK to Manhattan transfer.

Old Mar 16, 19, 11:25 am
Original Poster

I was thinking of going all out since i've booked First Class when i go NY later in the year and getting a private charter helicopter to Manhattan from the airport. Can anybody who's used them before tell me about the luggage allowance? Only reference i can find is this https://blade.flyblade.com/p/luggage which says a 20lb carry on bag, is that it? They are offering airport transfers surely people have suitcases? Not that i will use it all buy my allowance on the plane is 3x 32KG bags.
Old Mar 17, 19, 12:53 pm

If you are doing full private charter then you will not have any problems. If you are using one of their shared charters, I would recommend calling them just to confirm the number of people and the number of bags you are going to bring.
Old May 19, 19, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Amex Centurion
I use them regularly on my NY trips, especially after they launched their 'all-day' by-seat service. You won't be able to take your checked-in luggage onboard (unless you charter the full helicopter), however I haven't found them to be strict on the 20lbs limit (my carry-on is often heavier than that). I've never had more than three others onboard, and on one occasion had the helicopter to myself.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: